aberdeen-music

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Lucius

Anyone else completely underwhelmed by the prospect of this.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan but this just doesn't get me in the least bit excited.

Can't George just get his finger out and make episodes 7,8 & 9.

Or how about another ewok movie?

(Disclaimer: the ewok bit was a joke, 2 Ewok movies was more than enough)

He's not going to make 7,8 and 9. He's making a live action TV show though.

But I think The Clone Wars looks pretty cool.

I know he wont make more but we can dream.

I think the reason i don't likethe look of it is thats its not live action.

Also i think the Clone Wars should have featured more in the new movies.

TV show? Really?

I must have missed that rumour.

Jedi Academy kind of thing with Luke making appearances occasionally? (he says hopefully?)

the clone wars film looks ace. i personally hope he never makes more proper star wars films and just leaves it as it is.

the tv show will be good if it's done by the right team i.e not lucas. give it to the guys that made battlestar galactica or joss whedon and it'll be amazing.

The original Clone Wars cartoon was really fucking good - but I hate CGI and am not the least bit interested in watching this film.

I loved the cartoon and its style, and I don't mind CGI in films (Pixar, dammit), but I don't really care for this. The cartoons didn't really seem to be taking themselves too seriously, which I always thought was the best fun of Star Wars. This does, however.

Screw alla you haters! I can't wait to see it! Just for the return of Asajj Ventress it'll be worth the price of admission. If it's anywhere near as good as the Clone Wars TV series I'm sold (hey, it's Star Wars, I'm already sold!)

Anakin's padawan is an intriguing prospect too, though I guess she'll have to die at some point...

the tv show will be good if it's done by the right team i.e not lucas. give it to the guys that made battlestar galactica or joss whedon and it'll be amazing.

I agree, unfortunately Lucas is at the helm, shooting starting at the beggining of this year, and they're doing around 100 episodes, all set between Eps III and IV. Bib Fortuna and Oolah the Dancer are confirmed as returning characters, so I'd expect to see a lot of Tatooine.

Goddamn I miss BSG, without it and new Who my life is empty....

Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of the awesome Samurai Jack, did the first Clone Wars, but although it was well stylised, the plots were ding, as has everything since '...Jedi' been, RIP Star Wars; you were ace at first, but can you please just fuck off and die now, ta.

Agree though that if the Galactica team did a TV show, I would revise my opinion, George cannot be trusted with it anymore, he is old and corrupt and his powers are weak.

• 1 year later...

I thought the movie was the usual Lucasfilm tacky attempt to wring more cash from fans and didn't have the best story and animation, but the series itself, especially season 2 which was quite dark, has made me think again and was a pleasant surprise. I now really enjoy this show and if it keeps going the way it is, I'll keep on watching.

Gotta laugh, despite what I said above, have now been watching 1st series of the CGI series, much better than the films due to actually having a semblance of a plot, and much better acting, though fuckin JarJars in it sometimes; "Mee sah goin bak to dem plantation now massah' etc.

BSG team SW would have been ace, but enjoying Caprica to make up for it.