aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Hog

New Slipknot

I actually don't object to that. I just hope they've ditched the boiler suits and masks.

Unfortunately not. Shame...

I think All Hope Is Gone is fantastic- uncompromisingly heavy, powerful and just really bloody nuts.

Psychosocial on the other hand is a mixed bag- I actually quite like the chorus, and the solo/breakdownesque section is pretty swish, but overall it's nothing special. Oh, and the "PSYCHOSOCIAL" bit following the chorus just sounds really cheesy I find.

I didn't expect Corey to be having a sing-song in the chorus, but can you expect now he's trying to get Stone Sour to sound like Sugar Ray?

I've never liked them, but I always found them entertaining. But this just sounds so straight forward and chuggy - It's not embarassingly funny anymore like My Plague or Liberate was.

I've never liked them, but I always found them entertaining. But this just sounds so straight forward and chuggy - It's not embarassingly funny anymore like My Plague or Liberate was.

Agreed. The latest single is really, really boring.

It's terrible! The chug (that used to be pretty LOL) is now so over produced, it no longer sounds like chug. THEN WHAM CRASH, out of nowhere they hit you with a soft rock chorus. Tag under 'fail'.

listening to the new album just now... a bit dissapointed, TBH. It starts well; 'Gematria' is brill - probably the best riff on the album, 'Psychosocial' is OK and the title track is pretty good, but the rest is pretty dull plodding sludge.

So the first impression's not a good one. It's getting 3 out of 5 on first listen.

They're getting played on Jo Whiley's show on Radio 1. To say it was sounding a bit bizarre in the middle of the day is an understatement. I don't like Slipknot... but maybe this suggests their change in sound if she's playing it?!

Jo Whiley probably only played it so she could claim she discovered Slipknot.

Although I did hear Annie Mac playing it the other week while she was filling in for Jo Whiley.