aberdeen-music

Best B-side ever?

kirkt

Guest allsystemsfail

One that immediately springs to mind - Number 12 by 70s punks The Pack. Fronted by Kirk Brandon, sadly these folks could only release one 7".

My favourite B-sides are both Foo Fighters ones - Winniebago off the This Is A Call single and The Colour And The Shape off the Monkey Wrench single.

However, the best, I think it's Good Riddance by Green Day. Originally on the Brain Stew/Jaded single, the song of course went on to be re-recorded and released on Nimod. Following it being used on Sienfeld(SP?!) it then became the most heard song in the world, ever.

Originally posted by qzdiablo:

most of the tracks recorded for b-sides for radiohead's "amnesiac" singles were far better than anything on the lp

cuttooth, worrywort and fog in particular

Wasn't Amnesiac basically b-sides in the first place? Kid B as it were. So in that sense cuttooth would be a c-side and thus disqualified.

Guest allsystemsfail
Originally posted by thurisaz:

"SHAVED WOMEN, COLLABORATER, SHAVED WOMEN, DISCO-DANCING!! SCREAMING BABIES SCREAMING BABIES!!"

Fucking geniuses

I actually discovered only very recently, that this song was in fact penned by Annie Anxiety, and not by Crass.

Folks may be interested to know that a new book - called Love Songs, has recently been published. It features a complete collection of Crass' lyrics. Wanna check it out, then vist their site at: http://www.southern.com/southern/band/CRASS

Guest AX FAE TX
Originally posted by thurisaz:

"SHAVED WOMEN, COLLABORATER, SHAVED WOMEN, DISCO-DANCING!! SCREAMING BABIES SCREAMING BABIES!!"

Fucking geniuses

WHAT ABOUT BIG A - LITTLE A BOUNCING B.

PURE CLASS.