aberdeen-music

2004 - has it been a good year for music so far?

delboy

Guest highroller

lostprophets album - awesome

the beautiful mistake - awesome

36 crazyfists - awesome

pulley - awesome

ive missed some but its only going to get better...taking back sunday, bad religion, finch, strung out...mmw :)

2004...what a year

Guest Scorge Spike

Pretty piss - still no news of a Blue Nile comeback or a date for New Order's next release (produced by John Leckie and Stephen Street, so I hear :)). Morrissey album has been a bit of a letdown, if I'm honest, ditto the Blaze album.

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:

Pretty piss - still no news of a Blue Nile comeback or a date for New Order's next release (produced by John Leckie and Stephen Street, so I hear :)). Morrissey album has been a bit of a letdown, if I'm honest, ditto the Blaze album.

New New Order, eh?

Hmm, wasn't too sold on the last batch of new stuff. Still, fairly exciting.

Guest Scorge Spike

Get Ready wasn't that much cop, but considering the fact they hadn't worked in a studio together properly since 1989, I wasn't that surprised. Sounded like a band jamming and having fun than making focused, thrilling music.

This next one should be a hoot.

every year is a good year to me, it's only the twats that moan "music isn't as good as it used to be" are actually pointing out their lazyness to go find the bands making good music...

I hear all the time people think the "majors" are killing music...how come I am buying on average 3 CDs a week, that are so good, I can't even begin to make a "best of" list for this year !

if you think musics dying, perhaps it's just you that's dying...

seek and ye shall find...

here endeth thine sermon.

yes thats a good point, there's always good stuff around.

the new order album is gonna sound more like technique according to peter hook

the morrissey album was not a let down

and 2004 would be even better if we finally get to hear some of the new maple stuff!

I agree with lepeep as well - every year cannot fail to be a good year for music for me! Amen, System Of A Down, The Crystal Method, N*E*R*D, Cypress Hill, Orbital, Slipknot, Tweaker, Lostprophets, Eighties Matchbox and soooooo many more great new albums detailed in for this year - how CAN'T it be a good one?? :up:

Was the last Machine Head out this year or was it last year?

I cannae mind what's come out this year other than 36CF which is m\/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/ big time.

Again, cannae mind if this was out this year, if it wasn't, it was Decemeber or something - Siobhan Donaghy. She was the girl that used to be in Sugababes back in the day but left cos the other two were be'hatches. Siobhan's album, Revolution In Me, was produce by either someone IN Massive Attack or someone who produced MA at some point, cannae mind that either. But the album is ace as fuck.

Of course 2004 has so far been good for 'local' music....can't imagine it getting ANY better...:angel:

2004 has already seen excellent new albums from Morrisey, Deckard, Incubus and Monster Magnet.

Best is yet to come with the final release by Elliott Smith due out in September and new A.M. material and tour next month. Also a Legacy Edition of Grace by Jeff Buckley is due out later this year which should include a DVD with music videos.

i haven't bought much either, but been to more shows this year than last already and have more set up. but album wise there has been some fucking brilliant stuff, and with Deftones back in the studio already, T in the Park this summer, Taking Back Sunday in a few weeks, and heaps of awesome albums set to appear the future's bright. Up to now though, norma Jean/johnny truant/beecher/blink 182/jetplane landing this year have been fucking ace. locally the gloria flaw/my minds weapon/turning 13 have all been mighty impressive. as were allergo (rukkus).

so in answer to your question del - yes.

Guest stuartmaxwell

laeto, mts, lapsus linguae, macrocosmica, senator (recorded by steve albini, recently bought-awesome), idlewild, keane, longview, biffy, ikara colt, julia thirteen, mclusky, the killers, fischerspooner (apparently!), my vitriol

we have all/most of that to enjoy/look forwrd to

what a year

Originally posted by lepeep:

if jeff buckly were a sponge, he'd be well dry by now !

you are all forgetting that tom waits has an LP out this year...

and the new SC3 lp is already out (in the US)...

it's all good.

fuck all that shit what about maple, le peep?????

he he , well...as you probably know, we are "currently recording", and if the truth be told, we have nearly done all the instruments, all we have to do are the vocals (don't ask...) and "bits n bobs", you know, ambience, hand claps etc...

you'll be the first one to know..

le reno amps LP is out "soon", I think ? (on planet Boo, well "with" planet Boo, seeing as C and Al are paying for it all, and planet boo are doing the distro)...

thanks for asking.

PS, Its sounding as solid as a solid shit after eating meat for 10 days, and some concrete...now that's solid.

Unapreciated-NO, extremely bad at notifying punters they are gigging-YES Come on Maple for fuck sake, how about having a web site that works,with a mailing list at least telling us when the next gig is,Apparently you are playing Drummonds on Friday,but he he he REAL SHOCKS and Josephine are at the Moorings,so I'll catch ya next time,or probably not unless I do my Sherlock Holmes and find out what the fuck is going on.Go to see The Sluts Of Trust at Dr Drakes,they are wonderful,and make me want to gig more than ever,ok it's nice to buy decent CDs like The Sissor Sisters and K i l ling Joke,but LIVE acts are where it's all at and Maple happen to be one of the few I would travel to see,and have done for years.