aberdeen-music

Death metal!?

N.M

Guest allsystemsfail
Originally posted by ragudave:

No I was pursuaded to go to the 6 th year school dance instead. Bah humbug ! But I've still got my ENT / Fithkick split LP though...

I've also got a Peaceville Sampler LP - called Hiatus ? Canna beat a little Extra Hot Sauce and Electro Hippes,

Dave

Check out ENT's debut "A Holocaust In Your Head".

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

I reckon about 5-1o for it

If I sell it 2 nd hand to One Up I get 1, they sell it for a fiver

If I sell / trade it to Mike / Jim @ The Cavern I get 2 - 5, they sell it for 15

If I sell it privately on Ebay / classifieds etc I get - 7 - 20

Out of interest I found these on the web as well for people who like bootlegs -

MORBID ANGEL Angel of Disease (Bergum (NL) 04.07.92) CD 12.00

Blessed Are the Sick MC 3.00

see the link below for details

http://www.rhythm-online.demon.co.uk/rarities.htm

Originally posted by lepeep:

barny was "singer" in benediction before ND (no ?)

quite possibly...although I'm sure he had a brief stint in ENT?

Was quite a while ago now though.

EDIT: Look what I just found; :)

Taken from Some website

Extreme Noise Terror - _Damage 381_

(Earache, 1997)

by: Adrian Bromley (9 out of 10)

This is probably one of the most anticipated releases this year due to the fact that Napalm Death singer Barney Greenway provides a majority of the vocals on _Damage 381_. Recorded with Greenway at the helm after he and Napalm Death parted ways earlier this year to sing for ENT (he eventually went back to ND but the vocals were still kept when original ENT frontman Phil Vane didn't cut it) .................etc etc

and I found this...(the intersneck is a fantastic thing, is it not...)

This UK band who started out in 1989 from the ashes of STILLBORN certainly knows the definition of the words Heavy and Death ! With crushing, destructive riffs and vomitous vocals they pursue their career with force and perseverence. Although not varied with each concurrent album they present a steadfast way of playing that I have really admired.

The subject matter for this band consists of such topics as: insanity, crime, death (what a surprise this is, huh ?), fear, suffering and sickness. I find their lyrics hard to decipher sometimes. For the Death Metal fanatics out there these guys are a requirement ! BENEDICTION features NAPALM DEATH vocalist Barney Greenway who at one time was in both bands but that was too difficult so he had to make the choice between them.

Guest Nikola Tesla

Yea this thread is amazing. Keep it going!!!

I have to admit ive never got into death metal properly and have never heard any old morbid angel as the new stuff put me off. Am I missing much?

Originally posted by A song Ruined:

Yea this thread is amazing. Keep it going!!!

I have to admit ive never got into death metal properly and have never heard any old morbid angel as the new stuff put me off. Am I missing much?

yeah sadly you are

check out Altars Of Madness it is their best album by far

I think the best morbid angel lp is blessed are the sick, alters of madness was good, chapel of ghouls , a great track, but the leap in production etc from Altars to Blessed is astounding...

I loved "where the slime live" (on covenant ?), but, its completely different, a lot slower...still got those great fret squeals (like prong)...

brilliant.

has anyone here hear pusheads band ? septic deth ?...holy smokes, now that is a howling banshee of a band...cracking art too...done by..err...pushead !

grind.jpg

sdeath10.jpg

Originally posted by lepeep:

I loved "where the slime live" (on covenant ?), but, its completely different, a lot slower...still got those great fret squeals (like prong)...

brilliant.

has anyone here hear pusheads band ? septic deth ?...holy smokes, now that is a howling banshee of a band...cracking art too...done by..err...pushead !

I was just about to start a thread on PRONG!!

But never mind now, I'll keep it to here. I've had "Whose Fist Is This Anyway" (with all the squeals at the end riff) in my head recently...and I was gonna say how ace is the album "Cleansing"? It was one of the first CD's I ever bought.

And also I loved some of the stuff pushead also did for corrosion of conformity (and I also believe he did some prong artwork too...)

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Dan Atom:

I had that patch on my jeans when I was 11 years old...

thats METAL as fuck...

I used to get so much shit at primary school...when i moved back from dubai i joined a primary school in ellon late on in primary 6....i was in love with slayer and got my mum to sow on to my tracksuit trousers the slayer logo in red thread...I used to walk to school listening to south of heaven...no one would mess...:)