aberdeen-music

Death metal!?

N.M

Guest Nikola Tesla

Brutal thruth are an amazing band i just cand find the cds. Probibly hi jacking this thread but does anyone know the best ones to start with?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Ben on this one and that is stay away from early Sepultura and go with Arise and Beneath The Remains. More thrash than death metal but far superior. Having said that, I haven't listened to Sepultura properly in about 6 or 7 years now!

I still think Symbolic by Death and Heartwork by Carcass are the two best death metal albums ever.

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Fear Factory's Soul Of A New Machine is worth a listen aswell

great choice...this is very much a death metal album...

Guest allsystemsfail

Hello, I'm over here. *desperately waving*

Any folks remember another local death metal outfit called OBELISK? We put these guys on too - supporting Embittered. Drummer Daz quickly joined the ranks of Oi Polloi, playing out in Greece with them. Whatever happened to these folks?

Guest highroller

Yeah man...we talked about this remember?

I remember that terrorizer cd cos it had that death track sacred serenity on it...Wow!!

That song casket garden was awesome...if anyone has that cd i would love to hear it again...

we can order brutal truth albums in one up. i'm pretty sure they're still available.

failing that i bought sounds of the animal kingdom on ebay recently. or you could check out the earache website as well.

there's a double live album of their farewell shows as well available on relapse records. check out their website as well for that and other grind delights.

Yeah the double disc cd is good

one side is a best of live album and the 2nd disc is full of b sides/covers/and unreleased stuff.

the earache store is full of killer grind and death metal stuff very cheap aswell.

Daveofficer does it cost extra to order albums through you guys ?

Guest allsystemsfail

Where Ironcrosses Grow is a killer album you should get it Dan well worth the money

you been reading this months metal hammer ? lol

I can remember hearing Inextremis a while ago they were pretty good

Saw Inextremis with Paradise Lost as well, 1991. I forget the venue - on Crown Street. I have to say that PL were appalling. Should have caught Bolt Thrower the previous evening.

Guest highroller

to be fair...i have lost paradise and its unlistenable...how they got a deal back then and gothic is piss poor as well....lyrically they were ALWAYS superb...

I think shades of god is pretty good album...dan thinks its rubbish i think...the last track "as i die" one of the best PL songs...

fuck i wish i was the age i am now back then.

paradise lost/bolt thrower/napalm death/carcass

i missed out :(

I was kinda lucky, I got into all those bands when they were at their best form

Paradise Lost - Icon/Draconian Times

Napalm Death - Greed Killing/Inside The Torn Apart

Carcass - Heartwork (although not properly into them til later)

Bolt Thrower - heard them but never got into them

But even though I was into them, I was still kinda young and no one else I knew would go to those sort of gigs!

wasn't it obelisc and inextremis that were doing all the death metal supports in the early 90's ?

(cancer, bolt thrower, paradise lost etc)...

all those gigs were on in "churchills" (upstairs), I think it was called "ceasars" back then.

Wasn't Daz (from the dawntreaders) , the drummer in Obelisc ?