aberdeen-music

Death metal!?

N.M

Guest allsystemsfail
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

i could be totally wrong here ok...but wasnt the girl in bolt thrower totally cute??

Wearing a CRASS shirt on one album sleeve I remember.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest highroller

andy sneap was in skyclad?? Really??!! Fucking hell!!

Haha...Dan and i had a chat about scott burns and morrisound a few weeks ago cos we were listening to death on the way to MMW jam (yep we have had Taking backsunday one week and Death the following..) We decided that pretty much everything that we have heard come out of there actually sounds root...these legendary Death Mtal bands would have been twice as brutal if they had good production..."symbolic" broke the mould...did Burns do that??

He is pretty overrated i think unless thats the sound all these death metal bands wanted...?

andy sneap was in skyclad?? Really??!! Fucking hell!!

Haha...Dan and i had a chat about scott burns and morrisound a few weeks ago cos we were listening to death on the way to MMW jam (yep we have had Taking backsunday one week and Death the following..) We decided that pretty much everything that we have heard come out of there actually sounds root...these legendary Death Mtal bands would have been twice as brutal if they had good production..."symbolic" broke the mould...did Burns do that??

He is pretty overrated i think unless thats the sound all these death metal bands wanted...?

Nothing wrong with liking a large heap of variety.

Yeah man thats the same with Carcass their first two albums would be even better if the production guy wasn't an asshole and not do a thing to it.

but i guess thats why alot of the old albums are legendry have a certain sound to it.

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

She looks like the result of some bolts being thrown at her...

Their artwork was ace! Like Warhammer style (of course, I don't like warhammer - but the artwork is cool)

Bal Sagoth, also have similar looking ace artwork.

Yeah they were sponsered by Games workshop :cheers: killer artwork tho

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Nothing wrong with liking a large heap of variety.

Yeah man thats the same with Carcass their first two albums would be even better if the production guy wasn't an asshole and not do a thing to it.

but i guess thats why alot of the old albums are legendry have a certain sound to it.

NO!!!! Colin Richardson did the early carcass stuff. Actually he did ALL the carcass stuff. He is an awesome producer! I just think he was shit back then. :)

He also did Burn My Eyes, Demanufacture, the dearly beheaded stuff and loads more which sounds ace!

Guest allsystemsfail

Re: Re: Jo Bench

Ooopssss

You're being rather unfair I think. Would you judge a man on the very same basis - judge his value only on his physical appearance?

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

NO!!!! Colin Richardson did the early carcass stuff. Actually he did ALL the carcass stuff. He is an awesome producer! I just think he was shit back then. :)

He also did Burn My Eyes, Demanufacture, the dearly beheaded stuff and loads more which sounds ace!

my bad then

yeah i think they pretty much went into the first studio they found and recorded it.

and plus they also recorded it completely live so that would also affect the sound

Guest allsystemsfail

Can any folks tell me the name of the fella from Carcass who'd also been a member of the Electro Hippies? Oh, and if you haven't already, check out their album on Peaceville. Plus Doom too.