aberdeen-music

vinyl releases

The Milner

You mean you've never bought a record thats been pressed in Italy or wherever to cut costs and has one of those huge holes in the middle that needs a thingamywotsit in the middle to play it (which always go missing) ? :)

Check this shit if you love vinyl....Retro Thing, a home horse racing game that features the races on a record, the records are cut with a concentric groove (ie. serveral different tracks adjacent to each other) so the drop of the stylus on the record randomly picks a track! Awesome!!

Thankfully I stil have my thingamywotsit. Which is good cos I have lots of old stuff, including old Beatles 45s which still have the big hole.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im amazed a staff member felt the need to highlight it, instead of continuing the discussion or leaving it alone. :up:

I only pointed it out because I was reading through the thread looking for the last instance of "vinal" to quote so I could make fun of your mistake.

Not all my time on the forums is spent in staff mode. I can still point out spelling mistakes like any other user to waste time at work.

does that not count as flaming? something i believe is against the rules is it not? nevermind im sure us talking about spelling mistakes is far more important that talking about something music related, well done chris.

does that not count as flaming? something i believe is against the rules is it not? nevermind im sure us talking about spelling mistakes is far more important that talking about something music related, well done chris.

Get a grip. I'm sure you're time could be spent more constructively than getting in a strop because people pointed out your spelling mistake.

Anyway the rule on flaming is dependent on intent and context. Pointing out a repeated spelling mistake could just as easily be construed as trying to be helpful.

Guest Giles Walker

Actually you are all right.

Nah i just couldn't resist and i didn't look at this thread for ages, it was really just meant in fun. You know, for the lulz.

Also on the big hole problem, you can use masking tape but i would just cut a stickers into strips and feed them through the hole sticking them on either side. You pretty much have to do this if you are a scratch dj because you need the record to grip the spindle as tight as possible so the needle doesn't skip when you are cutting up records.

It does make your records look pretty ugly though so you could just fold up a bit of paper and wedge it in removing it when you are done with the record.

Get a grip. I'm sure you're time could be spent more constructively than getting in a strop because people pointed out your spelling mistake.

Anyway the rule on flaming is dependent on intent and context. Pointing out a repeated spelling mistake could just as easily be construed as trying to be helpful.

actually i didnt get in a strop over it, i ignored it as the joke is was ment to be thus why i didnt quote it. However i expect more from the staff than to go around highlighting such things. You brought nothing to the discussion than bring it down, again as a staff member i would expect more.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This thread's been a good 'un, it's one of those threads that encapsulates the forum as a whole:

milner: Stop correcting my speling, you cunt.

Chris: Just doing what I do best, impartial moderating. Oh, and it's "spelling".

Hog: Hey everyone, I'm bald lol, ig, ig, ig.

HateEvent: Dude, it's all about the Powerball!

Elwood Cobra Kai: *posts picture of ugly celebrity*

Guys, this is the hot slut of the week. Who's up for a group tug?

Alkaline: Haha, that's ace!

stuartmaxwell: YAS MIN! Fuckin' teckle.

Teabags: I live in the Moorings, me!

Dave: I support Israel and I like money.

HateEvent: Dude, Slayer and the powerball!

remington blastcap: ach, i cannae post aboot this pish, i'm nae bleezin enough, ken?

Frosty Jack: Come on guys, remember the line about Aberdeen being a vibrant, original, supportive and progressive scene which we want people to take seriously?

stuartmaxwell: Fucking skramz, ye cunts. Teckle!

Jake Spike: Chimp, I fucking am. :up::up::up::up::up:

Neil: Guys, back on topic please?

:up:

This thread's been a good 'un, it's one of those threads that encapsulates the forum as a whole:

milner: Stop correcting my speling, you cunt.

Chris: Just doing what I do best, impartial moderating. Oh, and it's "spelling".

HateEvent: Dude, it's all about the Powerball!

Elwood Cobra Kai: *posts picture of ugly celebrity*

Guys, this is the hot slut of the week. Who's up for a group tug?

Alkaline: Haha, that's ace!

stuartmaxwell: YAS MIN! Fuckin' teckle.

Teabags: I live in the Moorings, me!

Dave: I support Israel and I like money.

HateEvent: Dude, Slayer and the powerball!

remington blastcap: ach, i cannae post aboot this pish, i'm nae bleezin enough, ken?

Frosty Jack: Come on guys, remember the line about Aberdeen being a vibrant, original, supportive and progressive scene which we want people to take seriously?

stuartmaxwell: Fucking skramz, ye cunts. Teckle!

Jake Spike: Chimp, I fucking am. :up::up::up::up::up:

Neil: Guys, back on topic please?

:up:

Haha, that's ace! ;)