aberdeen-music

All My Musical Equipment Is Ruined thanks to Stewart Milne the cheap cunt

lovers_spit

We just moved into a new Stewart Milne house.

Band practice room is in the garage.

The garage roof just caved in due to broken pipes.

3000 worth of damage done to various recording equipments, instruments, as well as wrecking posters, lyrics, new demos and tabs for new songs.

Thats not including the repair cost for the plumbing and the actual roof.

Stwart Milne is a cheap cunt.

All upcoming gigs and radio shows will probably still go ahead (I'm in Taping Hands To Faces), but we may not be firing on all cylinders

no, he's the best business man in the north east.

so I hear.

you bought one of his houses?...no research then?

PS - commiserations though, that sounds like a bastard thing to happen.

PPS...if you have people round to survey the damage, don't get them to stand in the same place all at once, Milne might just sue you...

We just moved into a new Stewart Milne house.

Band practice room is in the garage.

The garage roof just caved in due to broken pipes.

3000 worth of damage done to various recording equipments, instruments, as well as wrecking posters, lyrics, new demos and tabs for new songs.

Thats not including the repair cost for the plumbing and the actual roof.

Stwart Milne is a cheap cunt.

All upcoming gigs and radio shows will probably still go ahead (I'm in Taping Hands To Faces), but we may not be firing on all cylinders

gutted?

Stewart Milne Group not pay for the damage, at least to the roof?

What sort of stuff was in the garage? Not manage to rescue any of it?

heard a few stories like yours with all the new houses going up in the north east, one taxi driver told me his living room room colapsed after pipes leaked, on investigation they found the pipes did not leak but weren't actually connected together! was from a taxi driver though so cant believe it all! :D

drum kit and one guitar is fine

but a rather expensive keyboard, an 8 track, a bass and a guitar, a mic, an ibanez amp and a laney amp, and a banjo are ruined as well as quite a lot of material ie tabs, lyrics, old demos. or so it appears right now. im just hoping i can maybe save some of it.

yeah we can claim most of it back on insurance, but a lot of the things that were wrecked were given to me by relatives at some point or ive had to work really hard to afford, and they have a lot of sentimental value attatched to them. also, i cant claim back songs i was working on and lyrics that were yet to be memorized, not huge things but still a big setback.

and please, i do realise he's a succesful businessman, but when you pay a lot of money, or even not so much money for a house, if its new, you dont expect it to fall to pieces within a month. this isnt like a dent or a scratch, this is a huge fucking deal.

incidentally ian wood is the most succesful businessman in the north east, (or perhaps his son) and he didnt get there by ripping people off.

its only now im hearing of loads of stories about stewart milne homes going wrong. and i live with my dad so what exactly am i meant to research? not like it'd sway him into buying a house here or not.

heard a few stories like yours with all the new houses going up in the north east, one taxi driver told me his living room room colapsed after pipes leaked, on investigation they found the pipes did not leak but weren't actually connected together! was from a taxi driver though so cant believe it all! :D

a friend of mine ran his first bath in his new milne house...and when he emptied it, it all pished into his front room....because they'd forgotten to connect the waste pipe to the plug hole...so, I can quite believe it.

if you are going to make a nice profit, doing it quickly and cheaply will ensure a bigger cut!

and please, i do realise he's a succesful businessman, but when you pay a lot of money, or even not so much money for a house, if its new, you dont expect it to fall to pieces within a month. this isnt like a dent or a scratch, this is a huge fucking deal..

methinks your sarcasm detector needs re-callibrating.

There's also the famous claim about the flatwarming that occured at the kepplestone flats where they had 20 or so people in the flat and the floor caved through down into the flat below (it's in the small print that you're only allowed a max of 12 people in your high quality stewart milne home).

I know someone who works in IT for stewart milne and only 5% of people that take the customer survey would recommend a stewart milne home to someone else and well over 60% were less than satisfied with their new homes.

You're far from alone.

i've heard about those flats as well from someone who was looking into getting one!! makes me glad i'm living in a 50's ex-council house, big rooms, big garden and totally solid - even the internal walls are brick!! :up:

Seconded. My flat is an old 60s council number in Leith, with brick walls, large rooms and proper floors. They're throwing up some godawful new block over the road, and I am 100% certain the owners there will not be able to say the same.

All modern houses/flats are shite until proven decent. And even then, probably still shite.

They built the "Coalhill Living Complex" (shite new flats) round the corner from me in about a week, and the exterior walls were rusting within ten days. Interestingly, all bar one of the flats are still for sale.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would buy them. Especially as they aren't really any cheaper. My dad is an engineer and he went past a Stewart Milne site and was in disbelief that they were up at 5 storeys+ with a timber frame. He's convinced that they'll have to be torn down in 20 years as they slowly turn into health and safety risks.

I forgot that philanthropy was at the top of his list when thinking about making homes.

I can always remember thinking that "the new houses" (in lossiemouth) were a sparkling, amazing place to live...25 years later, it looks like any other unkept shitehole.

A mate works as a self employed joiner and has occasionally been contracted onto some of the new build properties going up across the North East.

He says the levels of cost cutting through using cheap materials etc. would fear you. It's little wonder so many horror stories occur.

I think I will look for an ex-council house, I live in one the now and it is the business.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would buy them.

I agree, not only are there are a worrying amount of claims of poorly built houses and dangerous cost-cutting, the majority of the houses look like terrifying doll houses. The man seems determined to make the whole of Aberdeen look like some kind of GTA style computer game city. I find the whole area around Costco particularly eerie, it's far too clean and generic looking.