aberdeen-music

Burning down the house (flat actually)

This morning, at 5am, I was rudely awoken. I got up and realised that my bedroom was full of smoke. I found this rather confusing and decided to investigate, and much to my surprise, I found the entire flat was filled with smoke. After much coughing, I discovered the cause of the smoke was my flatmate's burnt dinner (I suspect eggs and bacon) which had been left to cook for what I imagine was a few hours. Once I got all the windows in my flat open I went to check my flatmate. I prodded him to wake him and told him he could of burned the flat down. I didn't get a coherent response.

It was nice to see that my smoke alarm doesn't work, I'll have to be investigating that this evening.

There is a lesson to be learned here: Don't get shit faced then decide to cook when you get home; buy a kebab on the way home!

sage words indeed. the toaster is about as close to cooking as i get when i'm drunk. honestly though, who can be assed cooking when they get in at 3 in the morning? craziness.

i once stayed over at a friends many years ago along with a few other folk and we woke up in the morning to discover the deep fat frier had been on all night after someone decided they wanted chips late at night. that was a lucky one.

Guest Steven Dedalus

The flat below mine caught fire a few years ago, and me and Philip were the olny ones to notice.

We even let Sarah sleep through it, which was probably not the best plan in the world.

To be fair, we were more concerned with Rob coming home drunk at an inopportune time.

Which he did.

Get yr alarms checked boyos!

My last flatmate (the Nigerian hooker) did the same thing one night and almost burned down the house. I once left the iron on for 24 hours, luckily all that happened was that the spare room got really hot.

I know the fire alarm works in my house cos it goes off every fucking morning when I come out of the shower, as someone wisely put it right outside the bathroom door and the steams sets it off.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Making a fry-up while pissed is a doddle, I always have the presence of mind to turn the dial to zero and switch it off at the wall. Wish I could remember what I cook though, I recently found a chunk of cheese in the frying pan the day after. What the fuck was I making?

:up:

That's pretty savage like.

There was a fire in the block next door to us the other night (King Street). Me and my flatmate were watching the telly when we heard the alarm going off in the hallway; opened the door and shitloads of smoke poured through, we shat ourselves like. Fortunately one of our neighbours told us it was the next block, panic over. There was like three fire engines there, I don't think anyone was too badly hurt.

Some crazy-ass policeman then came to our door at half past midnight to see if we'd seen anything suspicious, and some woman from STV knocked on the door at 9am trying to get an interview for the news, which we didn't give.

This morning, at 5am, I was rudely awoken. I got up and realised that my bedroom was full of smoke. I found this rather confusing and decided to investigate, and much to my surprise, I found the entire flat was filled with smoke. After much coughing, I discovered the cause of the smoke was my flatmate's burnt dinner (I suspect eggs and bacon) which had been left to cook for what I imagine was a few hours. Once I got all the windows in my flat open I went to check my flatmate. I prodded him to wake him and told him he could of burned the flat down. I didn't get a coherent response.

It was nice to see that my smoke alarm doesn't work, I'll have to be investigating that this evening.

This sounds familiar..... my old flatmate did exactly the same. I've lived alone since.

Guest idol_wild
The flat below mine caught fire a few years ago, and me and Philip were the olny ones to notice.

We even let Sarah sleep through it, which was probably not the best plan in the world.

To be fair, we were more concerned with Rob coming home drunk at an inopportune time.

Which he did.

Get yr alarms checked boyos!

I remember that very well. I noticed the smoke coming from underneath my cupboard door. I thought a fecking ghost was about to materialise or something.

Then I realised it was smoke and that I could very well die if I don't get out of my bed and do something.

That huge fan they got to clear the smoke from the building was horrific. It possibly woke up the entire population of Ferryhill.

Ace times.

Guest Steven Dedalus

That huge fan they got to clear the smoke from the building was horrific. It possibly woke up the entire population of Ferryhill.

Ace times.

With the exception of Sarah.

Who actually slept through the whole thing.

Guest Steven Dedalus

We just opened all the windows and let nature do it's work.

I don't think we even used air freshener.

I don't remember any lingering smell (and loads of weird synthetic fabrics got burnt...and a tv).

Guest Jake Wifebeater
defrosting a scone in the microwave. How that happened still remains a mystery to me... though it has stopped me defrosting scones in the micro.

The mind boggles, it really does...

:up: