aberdeen-music

online radio

framheim

i've been hammering the bbc radio iplayer this week and have listened to as much of their shows as interests me so i'm now looking for some recommendations for online listening pleasure. are there any shows worth listening to regularly? i like a bit of everything but mainly folk/alt-country, post-rock, stoner/doom and more experimental stuff. also like hip hop and electronica. not really interested in techno, clubbing stuff, easy listening, or gangsta rap.

My favourite online listen is Irene Trudel's show on WFMU...

Irene Trudel's Home at WFMU

She's very laid back, and plays a mix of folk, experimental, jazz, country, pop etc If you like the kind of stuff Interesting Music puts on, you'll probably like her show...check out the playlists. On her recent one she played James Blackshaw, Laura Veirs, Glenn Jones (one of my heroes, from Cul De Sac), Andrew Bird & Linda Thompson.....she also introduced me to Pandit Pran Nath and Linda Perhacs.:up:

Her sessions are usually great, too.......Adrian Crowley, Espers, Mi & Lau, Larkin Grimm, Picastro etc....they're all archived, going back years. (Some Kitchen Cynics too, but don't let that put you off).

I listen to FIP a lot: FIP > En direct

They play a great mix of stuff ranging from jazz to hip hop to pop to folk etc etc. But somehow the songs always work together.

Its worth listening to only for the french pronounciation of english names & song titles.

They also track their playlist online FIP > En direct (and the online player shows you what your listening to as well). Ive got numerous gems from there.

ive found one through Nessmp3.com: home

they do live stream through live365 most nights. usually hosted by local djs (but not really djs but good guys) what is ace is they have a chat room where there is live interactive chatty stuff and hilarity etc etc also requests fgrom fellow artistes and musos etc.

monday night at matts is excellent MySpace.com - MONDAY AT MATTS - 48 - Male - UK - www.myspace.com/mondayatmatts

larry

(deviltrain)