aberdeen-music

New Girl Over Here!

Kookie

Guest idol_wild
you should check out peep peeps bar

Absolutely. If you search for "peep peeps aberdeen" on youtube, then there's a very informative video clip about it.

It's swell.

Cummy's not dead but the new year saw him reach the benchmark of not leaving his house for 2 solid years. An impressive quota. When he eventually croaks it they'll have to cut him out - It'll be a fire brigade effort.

It's not a "hard bar" - the docu is a complete joke, but there are a couple of folk who still drink there that I wouldnae exactly get on the wrong side of, let's say.

It may be the final year - time will tell.

P.S. - new blood - what Dave said above is as good as you'll get!

Seriously though, there's lots of good venues and clubs in town

That is simply not true.

Moshulu' date=' The Tunnels, Exodus, The Moorings and Drummonds are all good places to go for music fans[/quote']

Again this is just not true, all these places are either full of students/twats or put on an extremely restricted range of music, I honestly cannot bring myself to even contemplate setting foot in any of those dumps. The thread about Mudd club pictures just reminded me of this, I avoided that place like the plague because they just played poppy mainstream shite for tossers and kids - when there was loads of alternative clubs which had much better atmosphere and played proper music.

The situation in Aberdeen club-wise is fucking shit at the moment, especially with the news of Kef closing down.

That is simply not true.

Again this is just not true, all these places are either full of students/twats or put on an extremely restricted range of music, I honestly cannot bring myself to even contemplate setting foot in any of those dumps. The thread about Mudd club pictures just reminded me of this, I avoided that place like the plague because they just played poppy mainstream shite for tossers and kids - when there was loads of alternative clubs which had much better atmosphere and played proper music.

The situation in Aberdeen club-wise is fucking shit at the moment, especially with the news of Kef closing down.

So pop music isn't proper music? Actually, why am I even getting into this with you. At the end of the day, somebody who describes the type of music they like quite simply as "rock" is likely to find some enjoyment at the clubs mentioned by Dave.

That is simply not true.

Yes kookie...

remember, Aberdeen is full of open minded, music lovers, tolerant of other people's taste, choices and lifestyles, so you too can contribute to the wonderful, helpful, open, invigorating, positive, wonderful scene, that is "Aberdeen music".

welcome!

PS...I've got fook all to do with peeps peep peep bar.

Hi! I've just moved here, I live north of Aberdeen. Where do people go for a good night out? I like most music, mainly rock though.

Jen x

Hi Jen, I see you've stumbled across this place. How are ya?

As Dave says... plenty of good places for you to go. You'd probably like moshulu and you are more than welcome to come along with us next time we go (although i'm getting too old to go out much these days).

:down:

Yes, you are quite right.

Oh!!! Please! Please, stop being the pseudo-intellectual hipster/culture hound which you're so painfully trying to portray. It's just a silly, and I mean silly...

Lighten up and have some fun, preferably off these boards - they carry an official health warning you know:

Over Exposure Leads to: NON HUMOUR BREAKDOWNTITUS!!! Then DEATH! (sue my writers!!!)

Over and out....

Typical Aberdeen-music thread from days of yore...:sleeping:

Someone new comes along asking for a bit of advice and the thread gets hijacked by a misanthrope who bathes in negativity.

Kookie, welcome to Aberdeen. If you go to the Tilted Wig at the Castlegate you'll find a juke box there that'll tickle your taste buds. If your looking for decent venues then take Dave's suggestions at face value.:up: