aberdeen-music

Best Games of The Year

Skull Commander

Are you on crack? Smooth Moves was utter tosh.

It doesn't matter what variety of cocaine he's on really... you play World of Warcraft. Fnar!

My favourite game of the year was probably my flatmates copy of Call of Duty 4, as it was incredibly well designed despite it's short single player game. Not forgetting Guitar Hero 3 and Halo 3 though, two great games which I actually own.

An honorary mention to Scrabble and Chess, which I also thoroughly enjoyed this year.

when 3 games (1 singleplayer only game(HL2 + expansions ep1 and ep2), 1 multiplayer only game(TF2), and a wierd offshoot game(Portal) get put into one, its definately still counted as one game , it would have been completely stupid of them to release it all sepearately becuase Team Fortress and Portal wouldnt of had enough about them to be worthwhile buyin for 40 and the fact its such a great deal means that its probably the best value for money game ive bought all year.

so to be fair its awesome

To be fair, The Orange Box wasn't a game. It was a collection. Cheating buggers.
Each game stands on its own merits. Half 2 complete copllection so far is worth it alone. Team Fortress 2 I still play at least once a day during the week, and Portal is an added bonus. And a fucking superb one at that.

If they were seperate games, i would have listed them all as seperate games, and they'd still be at the top. The fact you get them in one box just makes it even more worthy of the title.

To be fair, The Orange Box wasn't a game. It was a collection. Cheating buggers.

Ok, replace Orange Box with Portal. Still stands as one of the GotY :)

Gears also wasn't in 07.

Didn't know that - I thought it was early 07. I concede the point.

It doesn't matter what variety of cocaine he's on really... you play World of Warcraft. Fnar!

I left myself open to that, didn't I? Ah well, each to their own I suppose :)

Halo 3 (for passinh hours upon hours away online)

Super Mario Galaxy (the gravity, the colours, mario!!)

Call of Duty 4 (amazing to look at and a great shooter)

zelda:phantom hourglass (pretty much fully controlled by stylus and works amazingly well,a joy to play)

that's my choices

Crysis (PC)

• Crysis (PC - Fantastic game)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R (PC)
  • The Darkness (PS3)
  • Half-Life 2 - Episode 2 / Orange Box (PC - total VFM)
  • Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
  • Resistance Fall of Man (PS3)
  • FIFA 08 (PS3)
  • Bioshock (PC - if a little bit of a SS2 retread)

Was diappointed with...

• Gears of War (PS3/PC)
  • Call of Duty 4 (PS3 - controls too sluggish and inaccurate, suspect PC version would be much better)
  • Hellgate (PC - started out brilliantly, then became an exercise in repetition)

I got beaten 350 - 218 last night on the ol' Scrabble. You just don't get that kind of humiliation with xbox...

I dunno, myself and a friend won 4 or 5 games in a row of Domination on COD 4 by about a 100 point margin each time. The other players in the lobby were pretty humiliated. We were pretty much the lowest ranks there as well.