aberdeen-music

[GIG] Ian Brown @ AECC

Ian_Brown

Yeah it's not Reverend and the makers.

I just listented to them and they sound awful so it's not the end of the world :up:

I liked their first song, (the one about the Heavyweight Champion of the World) but their second was so annoying it undid all their good work! (the one with the cockney woman singing in the chorus) :swearing:

Guest bluesxman

I'm a big fan of Ian Brown and been to see him a few times, while he was great at the Barrowlands and Music Hall, he was definitely shocking the last time he played the AECC. TITP earlier that year was rank as well.

I saw him last time at the AECC, I had a good time, possibly helped by the fact that I had free tickets and also access to a free bar.

There's no doubt though that Ian Brown just can't sing live. I imagine it's a nightmare in the studio as well, god knows how many takes they have to do before they can splice one together that's actually in tune.

Guest bluesxman
i'm going.... slight trepadation as usual as to how it'll be like.

Seen him 7 times before and it's never been short of incident or bad singing.

I was initially at 'definitely not going' then started swithering toward 'may go if not sold out' but being offshore has sealed to not going!

The Official Ian Brown Afterparty @ Snafu

Just thought i'd let you know that the official Ian Brown Afterparty is being held at Snafu (1 Union Street - round the corner from Five and Tiger Tiger) tonight from 10pm. Over the last two years, the party has been held at Snafu, with Ian Brown himself making an appearance at the club, and joining in the general nonesense - a good night guaranteed, and its free entry, superb drinks promos and Giles Walker on the decks :up:

- WINNNER OF THE SLTN SCOTTISH NIGHTCLUB OF THE YEAR 2007 -

Ian Brown Official Afterparty @ Snafu - TONIGHT!

Just thought i'd let you know that the official Ian Brown Afterparty is being held at Snafu (1 Union Street - round the corner from Five and Tiger Tiger) tonight from 10pm. Over the last two years, the party has been held at Snafu, with Ian Brown himself making an appearance at the club, and joining in the general nonesense - a good night guaranteed, and its free entry, superb drinks promos and Giles Walker on the decks :up:

ianbrownpostergm8.jpg

ianbrownpostergm8.jpg