aberdeen-music

Where is Moshlulu!?!?!

Camie

Originally posted by Camie

Where is moshlulu I know this seems pretty dumb but all i know is that its on windmill brae!

reward is having the feeling of helping someone:dunce:

windmill brae is off the top of Crown Street. Go to the music hall on union street and cross over the road. Walk two streets towards the castlegate end and you'll find Crown Street.

Alternatively find people who know and tag along. thats what i did last year when I first went

Re: Re: Where is Moshlulu!?!?!

Originally posted by Singingstarfish

windmill brae is off the top of Crown Street. Go to the music hall on union street and cross over the road. Walk two streets towards the castlegate end and you'll find Crown Street.

Alternatively find people who know and tag along. thats what i did last year when I first went

or if coming from kef ect walk past HMV and take a first left, cross the road and turn right, go down the hilly insteed of up to liquid and the pool hall, then go up the step hill and you'll find HJB's then Moshulu

there is another way if you go down the steps beside kef, and turn left, then walk along that road til you find steps, go across the road by going up the steps and through the car park, then when you come out the pther side you'll be at the bottom of windmill brae.

Re: Re: Re: Where is Moshlulu!?!?!

Originally posted by *catherine*

or if coming from kef ect walk past HMV and take a first left, cross the road and turn right, go down the hilly insteed of up to liquid and the pool hall, then go up the step hill and you'll find HJB's then Moshulu

there is another way if you go down the steps beside kef, and turn left, then walk along that road til you find steps, go across the road by going up the steps and through the car park, then when you come out the pther side you'll be at the bottom of windmill brae.

thats the scary way, not recommended late at night, or when you're alone...or both

Originally posted by thurisaz

hehe, thats a funnier name than Moshulu.

Any chance of getting it changed??? Rob, Flik??????

Not a chance in hell. I wonder how many people know where the name Moshulu came from? It's actually pretty cool, wish I had thought of it.

Guest Scorge Spike

Where is moshlulu I know this seems pretty dumb but all i know is that its on windmill brae!

reward is having the feeling of helping someone:dunce:

Whe-he-he-heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaa, it's just next to HJB.

Honestly, your spelling makes me wanna shout.

Guest mr de-lux

I WOULD'NT GO!

DO YOU REMEMBER GOING TO PARTYS WHEN YOU WERE

9 OR 10

WELL IF YOU GO TO MOSHULU YOU CAN RE-LIVE THEM BY DRINKING FROM DISPOSIBLE PLASTIC CUPS,

AND IF YOU WANT TO RE-LIVE SCHOOL MEMORIES THAY HAVE A SIGN BE HIND THE BAR THAT READS "TUCK SHOP"

HOW TACKY VERY TACKY!!!!

THERES BETTER PLACES TO GRAB A LATE NITE DRINK IN A REAL GLASS

ROB&FLICK ;(:swearing:

Originally posted by mr de-lux

I WOULD'NT GO!

DO YOU REMEMBER GOING TO PARTYS WHEN YOU WERE

9 OR 10

WELL IF YOU GO TO MOSHULU YOU CAN RE-LIVE THEM BY DRINKING FROM DISPOSIBLE PLASTIC CUPS,

AND IF YOU WANT TO RE-LIVE SCHOOL MEMORIES THAY HAVE A SIGN BE HIND THE BAR THAT READS "TUCK SHOP"

HOW TACKY VERY TACKY!!!!

THERES BETTER PLACES TO GRAB A LATE NITE DRINK IN A REAL GLASS

ROB&FLICK ;(:swearing:

I think the fact this individual has spelt girlfriend wrong in the 'listening to' section of his profile speaks volumes............:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Where is Moshlulu!?!?!

Originally posted by Flik

Not a chance in hell. I wonder how many people know where the name Moshulu came from? It's actually pretty cool, wish I had thought of it.

I've only found one other Moshulu during my casual observations and that was in the Godfather Part 2(Moshulu being the boat the Don Corleone travelled to america in)

I Bet It Wasn't Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or Here:

1917 September 18

Renamed the Moshulu when it was discovered that there already was another Dreadnought registered in the US.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rating On Moshulu: - Here

Well Done - 5/5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACF198.gif

Moshulu

New Exciting Range of Sandals arriving . Classic Shoes, boots, and sandals. Walking and hiking footwear and sandals.

12056s.jpg

http://www.moshulu-london.co.uk/

Oh Dear - Another Moshulu (Moshulu Advice Archive)

The Moshulu, a 394-foot sailing vessel launched in 1904, is now permanently docked at Pier 34 on the Delaware River waterfront and offers formal and casual dining as well as a cocktail lounge. The boat is considered the worlds oldest and largest four-masted ship. It was opulently restored in the Art Nouveau style to evoke the great cruise ships of the turn of the century. The masts were re-rigged and are shown here, lighted against the night sky.....

I'll go for the olde ship which was turned into a cocktail bar!!!

Not very hardcore though.....

not very hardcore?

As far as I'm concerned big four masted sailing ships rock the party that rawks the party!

I was a wee bit dissappointed that the Moshulu was built in Glasgow & not Aberdeen though :(

- apparently it's haunted :Dhttp://www.lostplayground.com/the_moshulu_history.htm

& the name itself is a Senecan Indian word meaning "fearless"

do I get a prize?

:D