aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

mAYHEM

I'd have phoned up bruce millers everyday and hassle them to hassle the suppliers and of course you could always tell them to stick it up their hoop!

as i would say 'you're here to provide a service, so f*ckin provide it or i take my business elsewhere, thank you'.

It seems that there are alot of people on here finding excuses for bruce millers, so do you all work for them or something? commision maybe!?

Mr Mayhem, you are right to complain, not enough people do it in this country. both bruce millers and R and B are over priced anyway! i wouldnt buy a guitar in aberdeen!

Patience isnt a friend, he's a c*nt!!

Thats close to the worst post ever.

No one is trying to find excuses, its true, it is the supplier who is at fault, not bruce millers, how are peope not getting this? Were you drop on your head as a child?

I disagree, we might not suit your needs but we certainly have high customer standards. I believe said customer got his Epiphone Custom Les Paul today and was very happy with it and the service today.

sorry, it's just my opinion.

magazine section is good though and all the staff are friendly, so it aint all that bad really!

sorry, it's just my opinion.

magazine section is good though and all the staff are friendly, so it aint all that bad really!

Aye, i appreciate it's just your opinion. But making a defamatory remark as to the whole of the shop over one guy who's guitar turned up a couple of days late isn't really constructive. I work hard to maintain my level of customer service standards and support (albeit in another department), so i personally resent that remark.

No sour grapes though.

Aye, i appreciate it's just your opinion. But making a defamatory remark as to the whole of the shop over one guy who's guitar turned up a couple of days late isn't really constructive. I work hard to maintain my level of customer service standards and support (albeit in another department), so i personally resent that remark.

No sour grapes though.

you should be in management, you definetly deserve a pay rise for sticking up for the company you work for.:up:

personally, if someone called my work place shit, it wouldnt bother me because it'd probably be true. i wish i had a job i loved, like you obviously do!

anyway, get on wi yer work and stop using work pc for posting on forums:D

I don't believe in the "It's the suppliers fault" attitude. If I buy an item from a shop and am told "it will be in on Tuesday" then it should be there on Tuesday. Why should a customer give a shit about a supplier? The customer deals with the shop and if anything is late, surely its the shops responsibility.

In my line of business, I try not to make promises I can't keep. If my supplier is crap, I change supplier and if something is late, its my responsibility.

Guest DustyDeviada
I don't believe in the "It's the suppliers fault" attitude. If I buy an item from a shop and am told "it will be in on Tuesday" then it should be there on Tuesday. Why should a customer give a shit about a supplier? The customer deals with the shop and if anything is late, surely its the shops responsibility.

In my line of business, I try not to make promises I can't keep. If my supplier is crap, I change supplier and if something is late, its my responsibility.

I suppose it depends what Bruce Miller said to him. If the conversation went like this:

mAYHEM: "I want an Epiphone Les Paul"

Beardy Dude who works in the guitar dept at Bruce Millers: "OK, I've ordered that for you, the suppliers say it will be here on Tuesday."

Then not Bruce Millers fault IMO.

If the conversation went like this:

mAYHEM: "I want an Epiphone Les Paul"

Beardy Dude who works in the guitar dept at Bruce Millers: "OK, I've ordered that for you, it will be here on Tuesday."

Then I guess he has reason to be aggrieved.

mayHEM didn't state at all what ETA Bruce Millers had given him when he ordered it in the first place. It might be a one off for all we know that some wee oriental is in the process of hand carving as I type.

He maybe also hasn't phoned to ask where it is yet in which case how are they to know if he's annoyed with them?

Maybe Bruce Millers have phoned the suppliers and are waiting to see if mayHEM has the foresight to phone and check up where it is so they can tell him what's happening.

There's no excuse for stupidity really.

Fair points :love:

of course you cant get a real rickenbacker bass in millers or R and B

You can if you want but you wouldn't get to play it first as we don't stock them. Oh and they are distributed by none other than Rosetti - those that deal with Gibson and Epiphone too and are/were the problem here!

It's the shop's responsibility to then sort it if it hasn't arrived at the expected time but it isn't their fault per se (IMO).

Generally (may just be me), I over quote (time, not price!) on things. I say - for example - "The distributors have the item in stock and will be dispatching it tomorrow so it *should* arrive with us within the next couple of working days. I'd expect it to arrive towards the tail end of next week in case of any issues at their end just now though."

It's completely true on my part that I have stated when it's being dispatched and when it's scheduled to arrive but to possibly allow for a couple of days after that to make sure. It is more beneficial to the customer as they're not taking it for definite that the item WILL be in on a next day delivery or whatnot.

Perfect example is that I ordered an Epiphone SG Custom for someone on Tuesday and quoted 1 week for it's arrival. It arrived today. Rosetti told me it would be dispatched yesterday and would possibly be with us today but if not then Monday/Tuesday.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes things go wrong at the distributors end. I/we will do all we can to chase it up and keep the customer informed but, annoyingly for me aswell as the customer, it doesn't always go to plan!

:up:

^ Exactly

I never make promises or make myself held to dates because it just creates dissapointment.

When ordering stuff I always used to say 'I cant guarantee a date as it depends on the supplier' it *should* arrive in 2 working days but it could be up to a week...

A lot less pain that way!

to be honest, the bloke in bruce millers PROBABLY DID say that it should be in by tuesday if the suppliers get it to us in time. We will never know.

I know all the ins and outs of the deal now, though it's not worth going into in detail as the guy has his guitar and he's happy now so all is well.