aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Sounds like it's attack! attack! attack! on the radio...Arteta's goal sounded like a screamer. Would love to see Everton get through.

The best bit so far was Ramos' decision to take off 2 defenders and put on a Striker and an attacking midfielder.

As long as he doesn't decide to take a player off and not put another on because he thinks they aren't trying hard enough, i think we've got a reasonable chance :p

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a cracking shoot out. Just a pity Jenas missed the opportunity to seal it :( I actually feel sorry for Chimbonda but his penalty was a stinker.

My heart was in my mouth for most of that, especially Malbranque's volley just before full time. Gomes played a blinder tonight for PSV and he was the key man.

Bit disappointed but maybe it leaves the door open for a late Premier League flourish to make our season look a little more respectable.

Although I don't mind either Everton or Spurs, it's fine to see English teams going out, just to make their media marginally less unbearable. It's bad enough having to listen to their bias - particularly regarding "cheating foreigners", which these days is just laughable - and ridiculous ignorance of foreign football; but when they're being triumphant it just makes me want to vomit.

I didn't catch the whole game; but Fiorentina looked like an inexperienced side (which they are), badly missing Mutu's composure and creativity and getting bullied in midfield. Donadel and Montolivo are both good players, but until they get somebody more like Carsley alongside them they won't be a top side.

Thought it was a poor call by Moyes to start lumping long balls up to Anichebe, they looked like causing Fiorentina more problems when they were looking to get good quality balls into Johnson and Yakubu and make use of their pace. Dainelli and Gamberini just didn't look threatened by high balls, unsurprisingly.

I love Cesare Prandelli's purple jacket.

It was a cracking shoot out. Just a pity Jenas missed the opportunity to seal it :( I actually feel sorry for Chimbonda but his penalty was a stinker.

My heart was in my mouth for most of that, especially Malbranque's volley just before full time. Gomes played a blinder tonight for PSV and he was the key man.

Bit disappointed but maybe it leaves the door open for a late Premier League flourish to make our season look a little more respectable.

So many hi's and low's in one night supporting 9 different teams. I don't know how you cope.

It's turning out to be a really tough call for me to decide who I want to win. So far I reckon United winning a trophy would cause me more lasting irritation. But then again I don't want a Rangers treble. It's so hard :(

Given that Celtic seem intent on chucking away the title and look very likely to leave this season empty handed i would think that a treble for Rangers is a distinct possibility. :down:

I would even have taken a loss against Celtic tonight if it had meant Rangers wouldn't win the league.

I HATE when games to to penalties, as I miss them all. You can't see much when you've a pillow over your head. Chimbonda did well to stick his head in his shirt, but Jenas' attempt didn't appear to have much behind it either. Not a happy girl this morning. :swearing:

back to the cardiff issue, the FA are looking into it and given the examples below i do think they have a case - ok berwick rangers are unlikely to ever get in europe but derry city regulary play in europe representing the FAI when they are based in Northern Ireland....

Cardiff could cite several examples to support their case including:

* Derry City - Based in Northern Ireland but since 1985 have been playing in the Republic of Ireland's competitions and are regarded as a Republic of Ireland club. When they qualify for Europe, they play as a Republic of Ireland team.

* AS Monaco - Based in Monaco, where they are the only side, but play in the French League.

* Berwick Rangers - Based in England but play in the Scottish League and would be accepted as a Scottish club if they qualified for Europe.

Its rubbish when you hate both teams in the final. Really don't want either Rangers or Dundee United to lift the cup :down:

anyone going to the utd vs rangers game?

I'll be in Glasgow since i have a teaching course the next morning, so will be watching it in the pub *no doubt full of Celtic fans supporting the Arabs*

yes!!!! with you on that one!

They're only hanging on for one last pay day from the Celtic game. Not that that bothers me at all, I hate the Old Firm, but if they can't play Aberdeen because the players won't play without pay and insurance, why would they be in any better position for the Celtic tie? Particularly when someone breaks in and steals their food and kits...

Edit: I should have thought what I was saying. Obviously they'll be better off for the Celtic game with the money they'll make, but from what I gather, it's going to be a drop in the ocean for them now.

What a fucking let-down Werder Bremen have been. Rangers gave the ball straight back to them the whole game and yet they insisted on alternately trying to pass it through the 10 players the Huns had behind the ball and hitting pointless shots from 30 yards. Very much a team lacking a proper striker.

Incidentally, it was still nice to see Barry Ferguson giving the ball away and just generally having the game totally bypass him. Top class player my arse.

What a fucking let-down Werder Bremen have been. Rangers gave the ball straight back to them the whole game and yet they insisted on alternately trying to pass it through the 10 players the Huns had behind the ball and hitting pointless shots from 30 yards. Very much a team lacking a proper striker.

Incidentally, it was still nice to see Barry Ferguson giving the ball away and just generally having the game totally bypass him. Top class player my arse.

a good stat from bbc news live text service:

Werder Bremen: 34 shots, 18 corners. Rangers: 4 shots, 2 corners.