aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

And the Dons No.2 believes Caldo has the ability to work with players at a much higher level.

Nicholl is sure Aberdeen will lose Calderwood eventually and thinks the only reason he hasn't been linked with more jobs is because he's always so loyal

When I was boss at Raith Rovers I tried to come up with new things all the time to freshen things. But Jimmy does the same thing day in, day out. It's simple passing drills and possession but it works.

Work with players at a much higher level? Is he taking the piss? Tango managing Real Madrid, aye?

LOYAL?!? LOYAL?!?!?! What an absolute sack of reeking, festering bollock-juice. That pair shouldn't even be allowed to utter that word for the rest of their miserable lives.

It works? No mate, it works for a season or two, then everything starts to go down the pan and you piss right off, even despite of your great loyalty.

:swearing::finger::bat:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks JC has done a good job with the Dons? Look at where we were when he took over, and compare it to now. OK, so we're on a bad run in the league, but reaching the last 32 of the UEFA Cup was an amazing achievement. I'm the first to admit he tinkers with the team far too much, but the progress we have made under his stewardship has been excellent. Also, it must be said that he's done a great job in attracting pretty good players up north. The season before he joined us, Gary Wales knocked us back to sign for Killie. Gary fucking Wales! Severin, Jamie Smith, McNamara et al are all of a far higher standard than we had been used to. Barring this poor domestic run we're on right now, we've made decent progress in the last three or four years.

Love from christy

If you think JC gets an unfair amount of stick then you should look at Rafa Benitez. Not only does the poor guy have the misfortune of looking like my dad (and potentially how i'm going to look when i'm older) but no matter what he does/wins etc he can't do anything right.

Rafa is a cracking manager and has to suffer a total pair of cunts above him as Directors. Aberdeen have their very own Mr Scrooge who if he had half the passion of someone like Eddie Thompson might dig a bit deeper into his own pockets to help the club push for greater things. If he can't do that, then someone else should.

Oh and if anyones interested i've uploaded a few videos of my trip tae Munich goin to the game, bein at the game and coming back from the game!!

BryMisery Video's

Nice videos (might put up some of mine later, they're mainly fae a beer garden the night before)

The guy in the pink hat on that train came running up to my friend at half time asking for a hug!

Am I the only one who thinks JC has done a good job with the Dons? Look at where we were when he took over, and compare it to now. OK, so we're on a bad run in the league, but reaching the last 32 of the UEFA Cup was an amazing achievement. I'm the first to admit he tinkers with the team far too much, but the progress we have made under his stewardship has been excellent. Also, it must be said that he's done a great job in attracting pretty good players up north. The season before he joined us, Gary Wales knocked us back to sign for Killie. Gary fucking Wales! Severin, Jamie Smith, McNamara et al are all of a far higher standard than we had been used to. Barring this poor domestic run we're on right now, we've made decent progress in the last three or four years.

Love from christy

I would agree to some extent, but I think he's had a lot more financial backing than Paterson did. I also don't think he's got the best out of any of the "big name" signings, although he did do well to attract them. McNamara's been abysmal though.

If you think JC gets an unfair amount of stick then you should look at Rafa Benitez. Not only does the poor guy have the misfortune of looking like my dad (and potentially how i'm going to look when i'm older) but no matter what he does/wins etc he can't do anything right.

Rafa is a cracking manager and has to suffer a total pair of cunts above him as Directors.

The directors are cunts but Rafa has clearly performed below par as a manager. Getting knocked out by Barnsley?!

Not just that thought, he uses squad rotation which is absoloutly ridiculous. At the start of the season he was playing Torres as a sub and couldn't him to break in. All this is just my opinion but I think this season he has been shocking at times.

Nice videos (might put up some of mine later, they're mainly fae a beer garden the night before)

The guy in the pink hat on that train came running up to my friend at half time asking for a hug!

I have never enjoyed myself on a train journey in my puff!! We got bored singing the usual shite so started singing old songs like "Mixu Patalienen (sp?)", " Oh Ah Van Der Ark" and that old classic "Who's Yer Fuckin Dadi"!! Ace!

I wonder what line up we'll have in defence the night?

I have never enjoyed myself on a train journey in my puff!! We got bored singing the usual shite so started singing old songs like "Mixu Patalienen (sp?)", " Oh Ah Van Der Ark" and that old classic "Who's Yer Fuckin Dadi"!! Ace!

I wonder what line up we'll have in defence the night?

Didn't know we had a defence :)

That trip was brilliant, i thought Madrid was great but Munich was better. I had a laugh the whole time i was there and didn't want to come home. The train journey to and from the stadium was great, thought we'd bounce of the tracks when they started up 10 men.

We better win the cup cos i want more european trips!

Didn't know we had a defence :)

That trip was brilliant, i thought Madrid was great but Munich was better. I had a laugh the whole time i was there and didn't want to come home. The train journey to and from the stadium was great, thought we'd bounce of the tracks when they started up 10 men.

We better win the cup cos i want more european trips!

Yep hopefully we get back into Europe, i was offshore for all the other away games, however i got into all the home games which were great.

I was kinda glad to get back from Munich as i spent more time in Airports and Planes over the 2 days, but when i was in Munich I had an amazing time even though i was really tired. Definately do it again!!

Well another convincing display from our defence and some great tactical decision from Caldo made for our must win game a dire draw!! Credit to Souter for his spot kick save but we rode our luck at the back at times and when your strikers cant take the chances that come their way then we'll never back up to the hights of the top six!

Must try Harder!! Although great play from Miller when he came on, just a pity he didn't have anyone playing off of him as Jimmy had already changed it to a 4 - 5 - 1 when we were one nill up!!

Yeh because for starters Langfield has been one of our best players and one of the reasons we got so far in Europe and not bottom of the league.

Listened on the radio and came across as a decent performance from Aberdeen but we just couldn't take our chances. Mackie seemed like he didn't what to do and Zander had a below average game.

We played alright in parts, Makie and Lovell both had great chances to get us a second but both made a meal of it. In the second half Motherwell looked the more likely to score and we rode our luck a bit, with a clearance of the line and Souter saving their pen. Lee Miller made a bit of a difference when he came on and their keeper pulled of two amazing saves. Not a bad performance but neither was Motherwells and if they had played better then they would have walked all over us!

It wasn't a great game, we did play ok but not for longer than a couple of minutes at a time. It wasn't a great atmosphere either, the loudest cheer i remember was when the motherwell player (can't remember who) was booked for the foul on Maguire. And i am not a mackie fan at all (don't know why he gets a game) but i did feel a bit sorry when he was subbed and everyone cheered.

And, it was bloody cold

Was pretty shite.

Calderwood played Lovell but nae Miller?! strange...Macguire started on the left wing and is defintaely nae a winger - He should have started with Aluko. Don't think macguire whipped one ball into the box. He looked like a lost boy...again..think he should play upfront or nae at all. Felt sorry for Mackie too but think more of the boos were for a midfeilder going on instead of a striker and the inevitable change to 4-5-1 and defending deep inviting attack shite that we are so used too :( nevermind at least the back four was sensible for a change.

Hope Rangers are ready to be pumped on saturday! eek!

It was pretty shit last night alright. I didn't understand the reaction of the fans when Lovell got hooked for Miller. It seems that a majority of the fans were not happy at him being taken off to be replaced our top scorer? He'd been no better than Mackie who was booed off the park.

Think I'll watch the Celtic game in the pub.

It was pretty shit last night alright. I didn't understand the reaction of the fans when Lovell got hooked for Miller. It seems that a majority of the fans were not happy at him being taken off to be replaced our top scorer? He'd been no better than Mackie who was booed off the park.

Think I'll watch the Celtic game in the pub.

Celtic game def on the telly? Nae buying anymore tickets and grudging using the season ticket to be honest. That said I felt a bit of traitor last night going to band practice, which was a must. I bemoan the reds for being shite but still feel a desire to go see them play, dammit! I have also decided to lay off slagging the players, mostly, as the management is clearly screwing something up behind the scenes. Discontent in the dressing room?

As much as i feel totally ashamed every time i leave Aberdeen games Home and Away (well most times this season) i still wouldn't rather be anywhere else. Ok i may boo shite like Mackie and Lovell, i may abuse Tango for his bemusing tactics but i still go to show my support as thats what i firmly believe is what a supporter does!!

I think aswell, because i miss a lot of games when i am offshore, i need to get the most of my season ticket!! I also hate being away when theres a game on a sat!

Roll on the Huns on Sat i bet they are Bricking it!!:up:

Guest idol_wild

I've decided I'm done with Aberdeen Football Club. It's been a rollercoaster ride for the past twenty years (God, that makes me sound old), but it's a frustrating part of my life that I'm better off without. I've put so much in, and got very little back.

I don't need to support a football club. It's easier that way.