aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Could of'?! Ross, you're a teacher, for God's sake!

Love from Christy

Puy the red pen away! I blame the several cans of rubbish lager I had prior to posting; an excuse that many of my students have used.

I only teach during the hours of 9am and 3.35pm :up:

After that I can spik how I want, ken?

Although my contract does state I must adhere to the National Priorities of improving Literacy and Numeracy...

Were you there, Diesel? How bad were we?

Sounded like some truly impressive tombola action today. Above all we're crying out for stability at the back because, to my mind anyway, on paper we can have a very good back four (aye, 4, nae four plus Severin for half a game at a time). Why in the hell would Considine be dropped for Mair? Assuming it was just a straight dropping like, since the other three from Thursday night all played. I really rate Considine and I think he could come to be a very good partner for Diamond; but he's never going to get there unless he gets to play regularly.

Were you there, Diesel? How bad were we?

No, I'm in Angola and was "watching" the game on BBC text. The Dons were well beaten by all accounts.

What surprises me is the amount of goals you guys have shipped in the last few games - in all competitions. Not like Aberdeen at all.

We've been losing by the odd goal or two and performing well enough, but no wins in 15 is our worst in ages.

If Calderwood stuck to a back 4 of Maybury, Diamond, Considine and one other I honestly think we'd have a very tight defence. And if he played Touzani in front of them the defence might actually get some protection from the midfield, as well as giving Severin the chance to play the kind of more attacking role he's best in. But hey, I'm not Calderwood, I suppose he sees things I don't.

If Calderwood stuck to a back 4 of Maybury, Diamond, Considine and one other I honestly think we'd have a very tight defence. And if he played Touzani in front of them the defence might actually get some protection from the midfield, as well as giving Severin the chance to play the kind of more attacking role he's best in. But hey, I'm not Calderwood, I suppose he sees things I don't.

That's just plain crazy talk... Actually, he may try it for ten minutes, then confuse the players by changing it in a revolving door fashion. Was Considine on the bench today?

If not then fair enough he wasn't, maybe a knock but I do think him and Zander could be a very tight unit if left alone to develop... But hey, we can dream eh...

The Dons can get ti fuck! Tired of them (for the time being). Lord knows how anyone can travel regularly to watch them.

Well i just got my Tickets for the Huns on sat, i get married on the friday then doon tae Grayskull. Hopefully we can refrain from letting in heaps of goals!!

I totally agree about Considine and Diamond, if they get a decent run together they could become quite a tight unit, everyone i speak to feels the same way, so what the fuck does Caldo see. I see the players that are getting cleared out in the summer are all his signings yet we'll still keep Makie who has a touch like an elephent and can't stick the ball in the back of the net!! And who the fuck is he gonna take in, unless he gets some decent funds to replace that pile o shite that make up a good percentage of our squad!

Oh and if anyones interested i've uploaded a few videos of my trip tae Munich goin to the game, bein at the game and coming back from the game!!

BryMisery Video's

On Setanta highlights last night he was saying "I've tried every formation, 2 at the back, 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 5 at the back... and have tried every possible personnel combination at the back, but we're still leaking goals. I can't put my finger on it."

Now i'm no expert, but how can he not see that these weekly changes contribute to said leaky defence!!

He also said Aberdeen might not get 3rd spot in the league now. No shit sherlock.

At the moment even we've got more chance of third!

On Setanta highlights last night he was saying "I've tried every formation, 2 at the back, 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 5 at the back... and have tried every possible personnel combination at the back, but we're still leaking goals. I can't put my finger on it."

:stupid:

Now i'm no expert, but how can he not see that these weekly changes contribute to said leaky defence!!

He also said Aberdeen might not get 3rd spot in the league now. No shit sherlock.

He's goin a bit mental i think, must be the stress of the job!:laughing:

Calderplop would be a great character in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. A dilluded ex basketball coach, who is a funny colour due to meds, gets to run the wards sports days and has everyone doing something different from what trained for then blaiming everyone else when all the team do is walk around in circles singing the theme tune to MASH. Eventually a big Indian chap throws him through a wall and the inmates head out into the hills to become soccer players in a quaint wee Scotch town!

or

national press report "SPL manager admits using acid for the last several years"

Sunday Mail article...

Jimmy Has Talent To Work At The Highest Level

Feb 24 2008 By Gavin Berry

JIMMY NICHOLL reckons he has learned more about football in seven years working beside Jimmy Calderwood than he has throughout the rest of his career.

And the Dons No.2 believes Caldo has the ability to work with players at a much higher level.

Nicholl is sure Aberdeen will lose Calderwood eventually and thinks the only reason he hasn't been linked with more jobs is because he's always so loyal.

The Ulsterman said: "I've learned more working with Jimmy than I did as a player and so-called coach and manager myself.

"When I was boss at Raith Rovers I tried to come up with new things all the time to freshen things. But Jimmy does the same thing day in, day out. It's simple passing drills and possession but it works.

"He could put on a session and get the the respect of players at any level with the way he works.

"Jimmy deserves to go all the way. I think the club would expect him to go elsewhere eventually.

"Why hasn't he been linked with more jobs? (cos anyone can see he's SHITE)People work in different ways. Some managers use the media but I don't think he does.(LOL!!)

"I've seen folk saying: 'I wish I was in England' but our ambition has always been to stay with the team we're working for.i could've sworn the big oaf was trying to engineer a move until he realised no team is stupid enough to employ his 'services'?(

"Some managers go all the way and you wonder how when they have hardly worked at the game.

"Jimmy is outspoken and a character. He always has something to say.

"If he's doing well with Aberdeen you don't know where he could end up. I don't think he'd be embarrassed going into the company of good players.

"Good professionals want to see you out there on the training pitch unless you have the stature of Sir Alex Ferguson."

fuck sake here was me thinking JN was the intelligent 1 out of the 3 stooges.

there is just so much wrong in every sentence of bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

the only reason he hasn't been linked with more jobs is because he's always so loyal.

our ambition has always been to stay with the team we're working for.

Absolute fucking lies, hypocrisy and a crock of unmitigated shite. The two-faced bastard shitcunts.

:swearing:

the only reason he hasn't been linked with more jobs is because he's always so loyal.

our ambition has always been to stay with the team we're working for.

Absolute fucking lies, hypocrisy and a crock of unmitigated shite. The two-faced bastard shitcunts.

:swearing:

He was apparently saying a few weeks back how he had to live in the shadow of Jock Stein and now Alex Ferguson when at Dunfermline and Aberdeen.

:laughing:

Also rumours that the tan man wants another go at getting Scott Wilson.

:laughing: