aberdeen-music

Battles

blairsea

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ex helmet drummer, John Stainer...and he's just amazing.

I remember seeing Helmet a few times, and was amazed that all his cymbals were ride cymbals, but he treated them like splashes!

I guess working with page hamilton would turn you into a timing freak. (I bet he doesn't drool out of both sides of his mouth if the stage is level)

ex helmet drummer, John Stainer...and he's just amazing.

I remember seeing Helmet a few times, and was amazed that all his cymbals were ride cymbals, but he treated them like splashes!

I guess working with page hamilton would turn you into a timing freak. (I bet he doesn't drool out of both sides of his mouth if the stage is level)

Indeed - John Stanier is a fantastic drummer. As under-rated and overlooked as Brendan Canty is in my opinion.

I couldn't get over the fact that he was using ride cymbals as splashes either, and neither could Jeff (Get Lost)!

Helmet were brilliant up to and including Aftertaste. What is Page thinking? Size Matters was awful and Monochrome is diabolical. He's ruining the Helmet name.

I too went off helmet, but I guess he can only take 3 notes and odd timings so far...

he's done all he could with "helmet" (remember that size matters was actually recorded under "gandih", which I guess he felt he'd "lost" all the weight that "helmet" brought).

a real shame.

I too went off helmet, but I guess he can only take 3 notes and odd timings so far...

he's done all he could with "helmet" (remember that size matters was actually recorded under "gandih", which I guess he felt he'd "lost" all the weight that "helmet" brought).

a real shame.

Size Matters and Monochrome were both cack. Aftertaste is a bit jobbies too really. I like Strap It On, Meantime and Betty.

You can't beat 'Love Agenda' by Band Of Susans though.

I was pretty sure that Hamilton had disbanded Gandhi before recording of Size Matters started. They may have played some of the songs on Size Matters though, i canna mind.

I had the album on at work. It sounded ok but i don't think i'll end up buying it though as it didn't grab me too much. It may be a grower though.

My ear took a bit of adjusting on first few listens. After a few strolls into town and home again listening on the old pod I can say it's a winner. Needs a good listen to get in though