aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
blairsea

Battles

Just got into them and saw them at ATP and they were incredible. Cannot believe they recreate all the sounds live. New single Atlas is awesome!

I kind of made my mind up that I hated them due to the type of people on here who like them and the labelling of them as "math-rock", but by jove they are in fact pretty darned good.

I kind of made my mind up that I hated them due to the type of people on here who like them and the labelling of them as "math-rock", but by jove they are in fact pretty darned good.

:laughing:

what a tossbag

Just got into them and saw them at ATP and they were incredible.

Where's my red pen? Need to sort out this grammar :love:

And to think you missed the Dons victory against Rangers :down:

Loving Atlas, Don't have the new album yet. Have a ticket for Glasgow but can't go...

Most upset! Even more upset that the ticket may go to waste!

i didnt like stuart maxwell to begin with, but after a night of karaoke at the hen house dressed as a cardboard box followed by whipping ewan while he is naked but for the cardboard box in the moorings, i can confirm along with hector brocklebank that he is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Just got into them and saw them at ATP and they were incredible. Cannot believe they recreate all the sounds live. New single Atlas is awesome!

really? their performance left me feeling pretty cold.

Indeed i'm well hooked on Battles. Atlas in single of the year so far for me. Can't remember how i found out about them maybe it was playing ATP and i wanted to know what they sounded like. Shame i missed ATP this year, looked impressive line-ups for both weekends although i wonder what the new holiday camp is like.

youre thinking of battle

I see, I would have been surprised if people were raving about them. I can confirm they weren't jazz rock. They were pretty pish.

So Battles, this is Battles www.myspace.com/battlestheband

Graeme, their Toronto Clip suggests elements of Jazz Rock

their performance left me feeling pretty cold.

First time i saw them i felt the same way, although when i saw them when i was completely trashed i thought they were amazing.

Im not a fan of Battles though....they annoy me immensly.