aberdeen-music

worst signings

delboy

About to own you all here actually.

Tony Cascarino to Celtic. Cost a million back when that was quite a bit for a player. Scored 4 goals. Was a great player, just not there.

Brattbakk wasn't that bad if i remember rightly. Neither was Cadete or Petta.

The huns were gutted about Kuznetsov. Cost a bomb, was an awesome defender then, crocked first game. Career ruined. Poor dude.

Of course being a Leeds fan I need to watch my step with regards to what and whom I criticise at the moment. I guess alot has to do with certain clubs, styles and players surrounding them affect how a player is at a club. Then you just sometimes get some pure pish full stop.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Cadete not being too bad IIRC.

If the reference to him being a bad signing was to do with him going to Falkirk, gotta agree though.

I only remember Brattbakk scoring that goal against St. Johnstone in '98. Nothing else :laughing:

TJ scored 18 goals in 35 games for us, which is alight. Admittedly, this was over 4 seasons.

yeah i meant to say his strike rate when he played was decent but as you pointed out it was over 4 seasons. i always liked TJ, shame his career was so plagued by injury.

About to own you all here actually.

Tony Cascarino to Celtic. Cost a million back when that was quite a bit for a player. Scored 4 goals. Was a great player, just not there.

The huns were gutted about Kuznetsov. Cost a bomb, was an awesome defender then, crocked first game. Career ruined. Poor dude.

Of course being a Leeds fan I need to watch my step with regards to what and whom I criticise at the moment. I guess alot has to do with certain clubs, styles and players surrounding them affect how a player is at a club. Then you just sometimes get some pure pish full stop.

I always see the book "Full Time - The Secret Life of Tony Cascarino" in Waterstones, I'm betting it's the very same copy every time.

A true class player. "Bastard" is well out of order :swearing:

After a more than promising start to his Aberdeen career he was crippled by injury.

People always forget that when he first came here he was a revelation. It was only because he suffered a cruciate injury he ended his career at Plymouth and St Johnstone.

Fair comment if he had cost a million and was just a shite player but at the time he was a great signing. Injuries just ruined him.

Did your brother enjoy Plymouth and Perth?

and sometimes you just get appaling luck with a new signing.

in 1995 when battling against relegation from the old third division (them were the days) we played a tralist david campbell in a cup match against brentford. he was a 29 year old experienced midfielder who'd won 10 caps for northern ireland and was expected to sign shortly afterwards. what happened? he went for a 50/50 challenge with martin grainger and broke his leg, never played pro footy again. although on the brightside (but not for him) we actually hadn't signed him so it didnt cost the club too much.

what did cost the club mind was the signing of frenchman georges mongin during herve renards reign at the abbey. he'd signed a 2 year contract then tore cruciate and anterior ligaments in training and never played for the first team.

I agree with Cadete not being too bad IIRC.

Cadete was all fine and well with the tattie-munchers, but by the time he turned up at Firhill, he was overweight, underwhelming, and had been waiting in a fucking restraunt for the previous month. Made his debut against Celtic funnily enough, it was cringeworthy........

Guest nature_1

okay, fair enough guppy could fire in a good cross....but that was about it.

vidar riseth was good every now and then....i remember tommy johnson scoring a hat trick against someone during the john barnes era, who was that, dundee or something? we annihalated them anyway. i kinda had a soft spot for TJ after that.

Eyal Berkovic, anyone?

okay, fair enough guppy could fire in a good cross....but that was about it.

vidar riseth was good every now and then....i remember tommy johnson scoring a hat trick against someone during the john barnes era, who was that, dundee or something? we annihalated them anyway. i kinda had a soft spot for TJ after that.

Eyal Berkovic, anyone?

Err...bad call! Berkovic was a wicked player for Celtic.

Massimo Taibi at Man United. "Oh, the studs you use in your boots in England are longer than they are in Italy, that's why I'm shit". Actually no, the fact that you're shit makes you shit Massimo.

I could go on forever with this one, but I've only got ten minutes, so lets see how many I can muster up in that time.

Boumsoung. (Newcastle)

All those Argentinians at Dundee United about 5 years ago.

Harald Bratbakk. (Celtic)

Bert Konterman. (Huns)

Nuno Capucho. (Huns)

Paolo Vanoli. (Huns)

Ade Akinbiyi the season he was at Leicester when they got relegated.

Daniel Prodan. (Huns)

Du Wei. (Celtic)

Most of the current Hearts first team.

Leon Mike. (Dons)

Michael Bird. (Dons)

Fernando Pasquanelli. (Dons)

Basile Boli (Huns)

Nigel Pepper (Dons)

Roque Junior (Leeds United - useless and didn't seem to give a shit)

great list i'd forgotten about marco negri!!!! he started so spectaculary as well then faded into the youth team under dick advocaat!!! thomas brolin an all came to england with a huge reputation but was far and out of shape and utterly hopeless!

Massimo Taibi at Man United. "Oh, the studs you use in your boots in England are longer than they are in Italy, that's why I'm shit". Actually no, the fact that you're shit makes you shit Massimo.

I could go on forever with this one, but I've only got ten minutes, so lets see how many I can muster up in that time.

Boumsoung. (Newcastle)

All those Argentinians at Dundee United about 5 years ago.

Harald Bratbakk. (Celtic)

Bert Konterman. (Huns)

Nuno Capucho. (Huns)

Paolo Vanoli. (Huns)

Ade Akinbiyi the season he was at Leicester when they got relegated.

Daniel Prodan. (Huns)

Du Wei. (Celtic)

Most of the current Hearts first team.

Leon Mike. (Dons)

Michael Bird. (Dons)

Fernando Pasquanelli. (Dons)

Basile Boli (Huns)

Nigel Pepper (Dons)

Roque Junior (Leeds United - useless and didn't seem to give a shit)

Michael Bird! I forgot about him - totally useless but excellent for headline puns! Leon Mike was also terrible. I have to say though that Pasquinelli put in the best individual performance I have seen from a Dons striker in the past 10 years one home game against Killie. I think he scored twice and received 10/10 in the EE (which is gospel of course). Also scored against Celtic at Parkhead that season (as did Zdrilic mind you...has he been mentioned?)

Michael Bird! I forgot about him - totally useless but excellent for headline puns! Leon Mike was also terrible. I have to say though that Pasquinelli put in the best individual performance I have seen from a Dons striker in the past 10 years one home game against Killie. I think he scored twice and received 10/10 in the EE (which is gospel of course). Also scored against Celtic at Parkhead that season (as did Zdrilic mind you...has he been mentioned?)

Last I heard of Leon Mike he was playing non-league for FC United of Manchester. I don't know where he is now, but that pretty much tells you how shit he was.

He was only on loan, he was so mince in his first game that he got punted straight back to his Chinese team after only 1 game for Celtic, when they got knocked out of the cup by Clyde and he got subbed at half time!

thought he might have played more than that - certainly remember the name. i never for the life of me why scottish clubs would sign chinese players who (probably) dont speak the lingo must be near impossible for them to adapt to life in glasgow and the SPL. mind u cant think of any other chinese players who've signed for scottish clubs.

and south americans? can you think of any south americans who've done well in the SPL (there must be one or two), all i can remember is duds like sebastian rosenthal or rafael.

and south americans? can you think of any south americans who've done well in the SPL (there must be one or two), all i can remember is duds like sebastian rosenthal or rafael.

Caniggia did well at Rangers and Dundee. Apart from that I'm struggling.... oh and Speroni, the old Dundee keeper was Argentinian, though he wasn't there long. Is he still at Palace?

Caniggia did well at Rangers and Dundee. Apart from that I'm struggling.... oh and Speroni, the old Dundee keeper was Argentinian, though he wasn't there long. Is he still at Palace?

i've no idea.... yeah canniga was a decent signing. it must be tough for south americans to perform in scotland given the climate plus the opposition in the SPL more often than not just bully them and they dont like it up em you know!