aberdeen-music

Christmas Lunch

Kai

Guest DustyDeviada

I assume you're talking about lunch on Christmas Day?

I used to work at the Atholl Hotel, it was always packed out, but yes, booked up well in advance and damn expensive, which is fair enough as you have to pay the staff double.

Not to sound like a cheapskate c*nt but the hungry horse slash tippin hatter on kingstreet (next door to lidl) does fantastic meals and there cheap.....The plate of food you get is well mental and as i say its not that expensive......I did see a crimbo menu when i was in but cant remember the exact price ...It may have been 19 per head but as i say the plates of food you get are second to none.......And the staff are very friendly and its a nice warm enviroment.....

Anywho where ever you go you best start booking it yesterday as in my experience the later you leave it the more chance of beans on toast at yours will be your crimbo meal ...... lol

Not to sound like a cheapskate c*nt but the hungry horse slash tippin hatter on kingstreet (next door to lidl) does fantastic meals and there cheap.....The plate of food you get is well mental and as i say its not that expensive......

Not eaten there for a very long time & not a christmas meal but I do remember that place as being merely OK. However, another time, we went to the Toby off the Parkway & that place was truly dire.

I too remember the Atholl as being rather good but again, that was a good while ago.

Guest DustyDeviada
Well, not specifically. I just wanna sample a decent Christmas menu at some point this month.

Ah right. Well shouldn't be too expensive then. I would imagine that most of the quality hotels and restaurants will have good Christmas menus on just now, so maybe Atholl, Simpsons, Foyer etc.

The cock and bull (on the ellon road) has an amazing christmas menu.

Apparently so, another lot at work were there last night for a christmas meal. 18.50 for 3-courses & apparently very good indeed. They did say they found the drinks a bit pricy tho so if you were planning a sesh, it might be better to move-on after?

I assume you're talking about lunch on Christmas Day?

I used to work at the Atholl Hotel, it was always packed out, but yes, booked up well in advance and damn expensive, which is fair enough as you have to pay the staff double.

you probably know my Papa then. he has been going to the althol every night for the past god knows how many years... Stewart Murray plays on the golf team or whatever...always parks his car in the disabled spot right outside the door....yet he aint disabled....

Guest DustyDeviada
What a dick!!

Yeah, but that said, most of the regulars there were arseholes. They all used to sit there for a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday lunchtime getting pissed before getting back into their cars and driving themselves home.

If Grampian Police really want to crack down on drink drivers all they have to do is park a car outside the Atholl at 2 on a Saturday afternoon, they'd do a roaring trade.

As for your Papa, can't say I remember him as I stopped working there six years ago, but I would probably know him to see him, the name rings a bell.

my papa aint a dick.

he did have a disabled badge when my step gran was still alive.

but the management let him park there. its never caused any problems

No.... your step gran had a disabled badge, if he is able bodied and parks in a disabled space for whatever reason he is without doubt a class A DICK..!!

It's not like it could be reserved for him if he ever had the grandmother onboard nowadays, so there is no reason for him be accepted to park there.

Keeping customers happy might be one reason? If he goes there all the time, he must bring a good deal of money into the hotel, meaning kicking up a fuss over where he parks might not be the best thing for business.

It's the exact same reason the supermarkets won't do anything to tackle the problem, because alienating an significant portion of your customers before they get in the door isn't the smartest move.

So... the disabled parking aside, Christmas lunch eh.

My sister's a dang blasted vegetarian these days, so the folks are considering not actually claiming one of the delicious turkeys that my gran's been lovingly rearing. Disaster!

On the plus side, eating out will mean you won't be living soley on turkey-related meals for the following week, and you can take any veggie friends along and still be a shameless carnivore.

Guest DustyDeviada
Keeping customers happy might be one reason? If he goes there all the time, he must bring a good deal of money into the hotel, meaning kicking up a fuss over where he parks might not be the best thing for business.

It's the exact same reason the supermarkets won't do anything to tackle the problem, because alienating an significant portion of your customers before they get in the door isn't the smartest move.

I would say that the money that one individual tosspot regular like this guy brings in would be pretty insignificant in the overall scheme of things, but I think it's more likely that the management just haven't got the bottle to point out to the guy what a tube he is.

Anyone who has had any experience with a friend or relative who has a disabled badge will know just how beneficial they can be and they are therefore not to be taken lightly or abused. Frankly, if your "Papa" was in this situation when your Step Gran was alive, he should know better. For you to say that it's "never caused any problems" just isn't true - it's caused problems for the disabled people who have invariably been unable to park there because your Papa is a lazy, inconsiderate bastard.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
but the management let him park there. its never caused any problems

Probably not to him, no. I'd imagine it was more than a fleeting inconvenience for someone who was actually physically disabled though, and not just a lazy bastard. I thought your dad was a cop anyway - isn't it illegal to park in a disabled spot if you're not disabled? All in all, I regard this as highly dickish behaviour.

It's only illegal with official on street parking which has been reserved for disabled people. Supermarket spaces etc. aren't protected by the law. Which is why dickhead's and arseholes park in them.

As for having a disabled badge because you drive someone else around, that badge only entitles you to use disabled parking when that person is in the car.

Aside from anything else, frankly a police inspector should set a better example.

Guest DustyDeviada
isn't it illegal to park in a disabled spot if you're not disabled?

On private property, like a supermarket or hotel car park, no, another reason why the supermarkets can't do a lot about it, but if this guy's a regular at the Hotel you would think the management would have a word.