aberdeen-music

Christmas Lunch

Kai

my papa aint a dick.

he did have a disabled badge when my step gran was still alive.

but the management let him park there. its never caused any problems

So one moment your saying that he is not disabled, then he is.

Morally, if he is making it difficult for people who really need disabled then he is inconsiderate.

I'm assuming the badge was for the grandmother.

I don't see what people are trying to achieve here. Parking in disabled parking spaces is bad: okay. What's this amazing insight going to achieve?

Nobody likes to have a family member described as a dick, and it ain't like her dad's going to read this. The only person who's going to get affected by bad mouthing her old man is Catherine, and she's done fuck all wrong.

You know where the guy drinks people... go find him and give him a telling off yourself.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

But it's through not posting that he hasn't annoyed the piss out of virtually every user on this forum via nonsensical and moronic thread creation, unlike his daughter. Besides, if my dad parked in disabled spaces just because his old dear had a badge, I'd concede that he was a dick too.

Keeping customers happy might be one reason? If he goes there all the time, he must bring a good deal of money into the hotel, meaning kicking up a fuss over where he parks might not be the best thing for business.

It's the exact same reason the supermarkets won't do anything to tackle the problem, because alienating an significant portion of your customers before they get in the door isn't the smartest move.

Come on cloud....what a load of shit, if someone quietly asked a customer whos been a regular for years to not park in there one and only disabled parking spot...

1/ if they took the hump and didnt come back he's only managed to prove how bit a Dick he is...

2/ I would doubt that a customer with a car is generating a great deal of income for the bar, and if he is he's a drunk driving dick and should be shot.

3/ Asda at the bridge of dee have made it so only genuine card holders can access the disabled parking, hasnt seemed to have affected their business

It's only illegal with official on street parking which has been reserved for disabled people. Supermarket spaces etc. aren't protected by the law. Which is why dickhead's and arseholes park in them..

Not exactly. A surprising amount of off-street space is established, administered & counted as part of the public provision too. Since the change in the Scottish traffic legislation a couple of years back, police & authorities have the power to enforce the regs on private property where all or part of the provision is supported by public funding. Then there are further differences for spaces established under the two types of badge regs - the whole lot is a bit byzantine so I'd bet enforcement is patchy at best. Supermarkets etc are well-up on the various grant regs & you can bet that if they can get a council to chip-in, they will. Also, quite a few of our retail parks are council-owned & the car parks are effectively public - although the stores often put-up signs to the contrary.

What can be irksome tho is the profusuion of "Parent & child" parking which has no meaning whatsoever, is established under marketing-psych theories that are frankly offensive & should be more honestly termed "big-wadge" spaces.

I'd link-up the various regs but I've got some work & our christmas lunch (curry) to shift today. :)

Speaking of parking spaces, PC World in Berryden has an amusing sign saying that parking offenders will be clamped. I'd love to see them try, considering it was ruled illegal in Scotland years ago...

edit :

It's only illegal with official on street parking which has been reserved for disabled people. Supermarket spaces etc. aren't protected by the law. Which is why dickhead's and arseholes park in them.

To be hoenst, the supermarkets are as much to blame as others - as they won't generally lift a finger to do anything about it.

But it's through not posting that he hasn't annoyed the piss out of virtually every user on this forum via nonsensical and moronic thread creation, unlike his daughter. Besides, if my dad parked in disabled spaces just because his old dear had a badge, I'd concede that he was a dick too.

ok. my Papa is not my dad. he is my grandfather.

My step gran was his wife.

Or are you one of those people that calls their grandad papa?

I was thinking that might be the case...

What can be irksome tho is the profusuion of "Parent & child" parking which has no meaning whatsoever' date=' is established under marketing-psych theories that are frankly offensive & should be more honestly termed "big-wadge" spaces.[/quote']

Parent & Child spaces are a godsend to those of us with kids, when you can get parked in one!