aberdeen-music

What do the following bands have in common?

lava p.

Guest highroller

This should be really good....

The weapon track is an oldie but it aint bad and is prev unreleased and was only available on download "in this movie..."

The quik track is "burning" which is a live fave....

and the rest will all be just rad because they are all great bands....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by lava p.:

For the benefit of Turnham Green

I do not operate a pay to play policy. Pay to play is when as band pays a venue a certain amount of money as a deposit. If the venue fails to make a certain amount of money at the bar the band does not receive its deposit back.

Kef, like King Tuts, The Cathouse and many other uk venues allocate bands with tickets. The more tickets a band sells the more they get back. Which is fair and can also encourage the bands to promote what they are doing. Some bands make a lot while others make a little

Its hardly pay to play.

Being for the benefit of Mr Lava p.

Ok fair enough, but I've played on two occasions at this venue and I can recall the band having to pay you money at the end of the night after one of the gigs.

So in other words we payed to play!

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Hardcore Mel:

would that be 'in this movie, i act, direct, produce, fluff, mop up jizz and take it every which way but loose from ron jeremy"?

...thats just silly....

i heard tut's and the like actually get the bands to buy the tickets from them rather than allocate them which is obviously different. but thankfully paul doesn't do that.

pay to play is evil and destroy's all that it touches, aberdeen is extremely lucky that it's not happened here.

Originally posted by Turnham Green:

Being for the benefit of Mr Lava p.

Ok fair enough, but I've played on two occasions at this venue and I can recall the band having to pay you money at the end of the night after one of the gigs.

So in other words we payed to play!

The band only keeps a portion of the money that they get for each ticket, otherwise the venue would be making near to no money. So what you probably recall is the band paying back some of the excess money they had for each ticket sold but they still get to keep some of the money for each ticket (which they get given for free aslong as they can account for all of them at the end, by either returning or paying for them with the money they got from who they sold them to) so effectively they're not paying to play, but getting a slice of the money from people who bought tickets via them.

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by torn:

The band only keeps a portion of the money that they get for each ticket, otherwise the venue would be making near to no money. So what you probably recall is the band paying back some of the excess money they had for each ticket sold but they still get to keep some of the money for each ticket (which they get given for free aslong as they can account for all of them at the end, by either returning or paying for them with the money they got from who they sold them to) so effectively they're not paying to play, but getting a slice of the money from people who bought tickets via them.

Ah yes, we are talking about Mercedes here, so the bit about accounting for each ticket will have had something to do with it!

My apologies to Paul then!

Originally posted by Camie:

Can they not just make it that if the band sells enough tickets they get a hand job from Paul? Im sure there are a few out there that would want that;)

Once upon a time I saw Camie at a gig...

Little did I know he had a FILTHY MIND!

I for one. Am. Shocked. Real Shocked.

o_O

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

Perhaps they've all just finished downloading the new Tijuana Switchblades songs from here:

http://www.purevolume.com/TheTijuanaSwitchblades/music2

that's a brilliant theory jonny?

perhaps they'll all like the new songs SOOOOOO much they'll all come see the switchblades play moshulu fudgenight on thursday 6th may?

or maybe they'd rather chew their arms off, i don't know.

Guest Vinyl Vulture
Originally posted by Turnham Green:

Ah yes, we are talking about Mercedes here, so the bit about accounting for each ticket will have had something to do with it!

My apologies to Paul then!

Your always apologising, please stop!