aberdeen-music

Homophobia

Guest Neubeatz

Jesus, this thread reeks of shite. I'm fed up of this sort of PC related crap. Honestly, all the holier-than-thou people are ridiculous. Everyone is predjudice towards something in some way, and belittling and stifling someones opinion/ideals just because you don't deem it acceptable or in alignment with your own is just as bad as being overtly racist or homophobic.

Forget judgement, embrace acceptance for goodness sake.

Embrace this (he says whilst grabbing own crotch in an agressive manner) :laughing:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
On this point, and as one who makes frequent references to Mr Hog's shiny coupon, I feel I should point out that I'm on a one way ticket to Slapville myself so that makes it OK IMO. ;)

Not if I'm offended by it, according to this thread. Or maybe it's only race and sexuality that are the topics that need the holier than thou goons to get up in arms.

"The way I see it is that God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve"

Wasn't that just the (terribley terribley witty) argument used by the church against civil partnerships between gay people?

Doesn't really mean much when it comes to actual sexuallity. The church loves to distance itself from such disgusting carnal urges anyway... well, maybe just one alterboy before communion, eh.

It never ceases to amaze me the way these "born again" cunts - who preach "peace and love to all mankind" - turn on anything that doesn't "conform" to their parochial set of values...Surely tolerance and forgiveness are pre-requisites of any so-called Christian?

No offence, but this argument is absurd. It suggests that "being a Christian" means "accept and tolerate anything and everything". Christians should demonstrate their Christianity by behaving in a way that is loving and peaceful. Which does not mean they can't be lovingly and peacefully opposed to certain behaviours or practices, including, but not limited to, homosexuality.

I'm afraid it's a bit rich for those calling for "tolerance" and "respect" to show zero tolerance and respect to the views of Christians.

That's all.

AKM

Guest DustyDeviada
Not if I'm offended by it, according to this thread. Or maybe it's only race and sexuality that are the topics that need the holier than thou goons to get up in arms.

I'm offended by people on here championing the likes of Genesis, but I let it go. ;)

Wasn't that just the (terribley terribley witty) argument used by the church against civil partnerships between gay people?

It was another Partridge reference. :up:

Guest Neutral
Jesus, this thread reeks of shite. I'm fed up of this sort of PC related crap. Honestly, all the holier-than-thou people are ridiculous. Everyone is predjudice towards something in some way, and belittling and stifling someones opinion/ideals just because you don't deem it acceptable or in alignment with your own is just as bad as being overtly racist or homophobic.

Forget judgement, embrace acceptance for goodness sake.

You don't seem to sound too gay old fellow!

Jesus, this thread reeks of shite. I'm fed up of this sort of PC related crap. Honestly, all the holier-than-thou people are ridiculous. Everyone is predjudice towards something in some way, and belittling and stifling someones opinion/ideals just because you don't deem it acceptable or in alignment with your own is just as bad as being overtly racist or homophobic

I swear you have a PC-related rant every week on this board.

Do you have one already typed-up and saved on the computer?

I swear you have a PC-related rant every week on this board.

Do you have one already typed-up and saved on the computer?

Yes ;)

I do think people should be a lot more tolerant of each other regardless and i agree with certain levels of 'pc' as there is a time and place for everything, but most people take things to far these days.

No offence, but this argument is absurd. It suggests that "being a Christian" means "accept and tolerate anything and everything". Christians should demonstrate their Christianity by behaving in a way that is loving and peaceful. Which does not mean they can't be lovingly and peacefully opposed to certain behaviours or practices, including, but not limited to, homosexuality.

I'm afraid it's a bit rich for those calling for "tolerance" and "respect" to show zero tolerance and respect to the views of Christians.

That's all.

AKM

None taken.

As a Christian myself, I wouldn't simply "accept and tolerate anything and everything" - i.e. evil or cruel acts or people. But if homosexuals (both genders) are happier in a same sex relationship, then that's cool with me.

There's plenty enough hate and enmity going around, so any kind of love is aces with me.

My vitriol is aimed at the likes of Steve's boss and a former boss of mine (an Evangalist lay preacher), who was so materialistic, homophobic and racist that there was absolutely no way whatsovever that he could actually be the "Born Again Christian" that he claimed to be. Especially not after he sexually harrased a vulnerable single-mother colleague of mine (note: he considered single mothers "sinners", but was happy enough to try and stick his pious dick in one - go figure!).

On this point, and as one who makes frequent references to Mr Hog's shiny coupon, I feel I should point out that I'm on a one way ticket to Slapville myself so that makes it OK IMO. ;)

I like being called "Baldy". However, your on catch up Dusty, I better watch my back.

Guest Neutral
Given that every other clique, cadre and minority group seems to have its own message board on here, perhaps it's time Aberdeen-Music started its own (rainbow-coloured) Gay & Lesbian forum.

Too right

Hermaphrodites, muslims and lib dem supporters too