aberdeen-music

Your Pet Hates

SteveCrisis

- Almost everyone under the age of 20 who gets on the 907 to Stonehaven on a Friday night with personal music players blaring and

- People putting their legs up on the back seat of the bus. Move them, or I'll fucking break them.

Rmember the ghetto blaster?

ghetto_blaster.jpg

Used to be great fun when half a dozen of these badboys got competing on a bus! :D

When I used to commute to & fro from Stony, the congealed puke on the seat backs used to be a pretty good incentive for passengers to keep their feet on the floor. I swear that at least one bus went over a year without cleaning too. One of the seat backs had a uniquely shaped splatter!

Some folk have it too easy these days. :p:)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with most of the ones on here!

my pet hates are:

-people who play their MP3 phones on busses without headphones so loud that i can hear it over my i-pod!

-people who laugh about disability (i was in edinburgh [god knows where i was a bit lost] and there was a HUGE hill i had to walk up, there was a guy in a wheelchair really struggling to push himself up, whilst a bunch of NED's stood andlaughed at him... i dont understand how anyone can be that heartless [yes i did give the guy a push up the hill, and he was very greatful... turns out he only had to do it thanks to my next pet hate])

-busses not coming... it annoys the hell outta me when my last bus home doesnt show up, and i have to either get my parents outta their bed to give me a lift, or fork out £30 for a taxi

-pool players at drummonds who are all "winner stays on" when you just wanna have a game with your mates, fair enough if there is someone actually wanting to play them, but when they sit there for half an hour with the table empty waiting for an oponent, it just pure pisses me off

-people who think pushing a complete stranger into a mosh pit is funny. NO, i didnt want to jump around like a 12 year old moron getting punched thank you.

-that bouncer from moshulu/tunnels

-the fac tthat i dont get ANY phone signal near my house, on any networks

-people who myspace bulletain "going for a shower, x"

-touting fucks who buy up all tickets to gigs,meaning i have to spend £50 on ebay for a ticket to see my favorite bands

-people wearing band t-shirts of bands they dont even like because they think it makes them cool

-shite support bands, why is it that everytime i goto see a larger band the support are unbearable SHITE (anatheema supporting HIM were a prime example of this)

-stupid shopowners claiming red bull is alcoholic

-fags with no lighter

-bad lighting at gigs (this is a HUGE pet hate of mnine, it isnt fucking hard to get lights to flash/fade/whatever in time to the music, so do it moron)

-Edinburgh

-NEDS... neds are annoying as fuck, but they seem to thinhk that because i have long hair i am automatically "gay" "homo" "faggott" "emo" ect. and the fact that walking through ellon on a friday/satarday night i get about 20 death threats by 12 year olds who think they are big because they have a bottle of blackthorn and their big brother has a car

-NEDS who play their stupid smurfs on helium music stupidly loud in their cars with the wondows down

-indian people calling me "my friend" im not being racist, but it just fucking annoys me

-people who start humming/whistling/singing that "doo,doo, doodle, doodle, doo doo, do do" circus song when they see me juggling.

-people whocall me gay because i have my tongue pierced

-old people who tell me that im going to die from my tongue being pierced

-12 year old girls who goto concerts when complain/bitch/shote/scream about being squished at the front

-the fact every person who worksin subway is polish and doesnt understand what "12" inch wheat with cheese please" means

-NEDS who listen to "welcome to the black parade" because they think it is cool.

-people who use the line "dont you know who i am" to try and get into gigs for free, i get this line at least 2 or 3 times everytime i am on the doors at a gig. NO i dont know who you aare, and i dont fucking care, pay me or fuck off!

- people who use the lift to go up one story... this especially pisses me off at ellon academy, people use the lifts because they are too lazy to walk up one flight of stairs, and make one of the pupils who have a wheelchair wait forever to get to class...

that will do for just now... i've just realised how much of a hateful bastard i am :down:

I hate to be the pedantic cunt, but///

-people who think pushing a complete stranger into a mosh pit is funny. NO, i didnt want to jump around like a 12 year old moron getting punched thank you

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, and at a lot of gigs there may be younger folk doing moshpits or whatever, but I don't think that being in a mosh means you are a moron. If people want to enjoy their music by doing that, its fine, as lnog as it doesn't affect those who may want to just stand with a pint enjoying the bands.

-shite support bands, why is it that everytime i goto see a larger band the support are unbearable SHITE (anatheema supporting HIM were a prime example of this)

I'm sure bands deliberately have supports that you may think are 'shite' ;)

-the fact every person who worksin subway is polish and doesnt understand what "12" inch wheat with cheese please" means

Its not their fault.... :down:

that will do for just now... i've just realised how much of a hateful bastard i am

Aren't we all! :up:

i know it's not their fault, but if i went to poland and wanted a job, i'd either get one where i didnt need to speak to people directly the whole time, or i'd learn polish properly... i know they are just trying to make a living, but...come on!

i agree about your moshpit statement there, i guess i shooda been more specific about what i ment... this always seems to happen at foyerlive events, and bands first gigs, where their friends blatantly have never been to a gig before :up:

Guest bluesxman

- People who go to gigs and stand yapping their incessant stream of shite. Arab Strap last night being another example. If you aren't interested, just fuck off out. Please.

- People who try and jump queues.

- People who don't have the balls to like what they like and not what they think they SHOULD like because it's likely to be seen as cooler. Music, films, etc.

- Late trains.

- Over inflated political correctness.

- Music snobs.

People who wear hats indoors. It's there to keep out the rain and keep in the heat. Wearing a hat indoors marks you at as overly style-conscious and somewhat rude.

ooh dave you've made me think! i often wear me hat indoors not for those reasons you stated but 1) because i often forget to take it off and 2) because if i do take it off there's a very good chance i'll lose it!

however i do draw the line at shades indoors - someone needs to tell the likes of bono and george michael it doesn't look cool but just plain silly!

Another few that just came to light (I love early morning conversation in the office when the boss is away) :

People who have the gall to proudly admit that they've never read a book in their chuff.

People who are all too eager to sum something up as shite without being able to substantiate their findings.

Dizzy blonde females who think they're the centre of the fucking universe.

And all Reality TV goes wthout saying:swearing:

Guest DustyDeviada
People who wear hats indoors. It's there to keep out the rain and keep in the heat. Wearing a hat indoors marks you at as overly style-conscious and somewhat rude.

Cowboy hats are the exception that proves the rule. perfectly acceptable to wear them indoors, although you should take it off or doff it when introduced to a lady.

driving - the roads are getting worse in the UK i swear, you really have to keep your wits about you.

there seems to be two type of driver i consistently come across

1) the 'i will drive 100 mph at all times' type twat who will overtake at any given moment often risking not only their own life but that of all the other motorists in the vincinity.

2) the 'i will drive at 45 mph at all times' type twat who cruises at that speed and won't pull over even if there is a huge backlog of traffic.

drives (no pun intended) me insane!

i have to say the standard of driving in northern ireland is appaling, i dont remember it ever being that bad in scotland!!!