aberdeen-music

italian restaurants

Graham

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's up Summer Street, is that the one with Pizza Express on the corner? When you get to the corner if you look up the road you can see Rustico's up the road on the right.

Having checked on my way home it is definitely up summer street, on the corner with Union Row. Coming from Holburn Junction just turn left at Pizza Express.

And it really is superb.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Rustico by a country mile. It's officially on Union Row, everyone. In fact, I just got back from there tonight. Might I add that a good portion of their waitresses are smoking hot?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

and if you fancy a slice of pizza or some lukewarm chips at lunch, i cannot suggest a more suitable alternative in the ellon area, unless you consider Jax' miniature discs of greasy tomato and bread 'pizza'

Carmines is the best in town by far.

That wee cunt needs his chins (he has several) rattled. Quite possibly the rudest individual on the planet. He thinks he's funny - our panel says...."NO".

I took my mum (who's Italian) there for lunch one day. She was unimpressed with his slop and thought that Carmine was playing to a "Greasy New York Wop" stereotype.

Having said all that, he has provided some priceless amusement over the years. Like the time he went ballistic at my mate Big Tam for the heinous crime of putting parmesan cheese in the flavour-free bowl of insipid pish that Carmine was passing off as "Minestrone"...

"Hey-a, why-a the fuck-a you doing that? you-a ruin-a the flavour", to which Large Thomas replied "It's goat nae fuckehhhhn taste ya wee Tally basturt..." and so forth.

All to the utter bewilderment of some middle-aged Scandinavians who only wanted a sit-doon and cup of coffee!

Yes - got to Carmines. The food is shite, but the laughs are fantastic.