aberdeen-music

SPD interview

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Do you guys get paid for the job you do? You take it far too seriously!

You really shouldnt let my posts get up your nose as they seem to more than anyone elses!

Clear?

Ben, do everyone a favour and don't bother posting at all unless you can post something slightly more constructive than throwing childish abuse at others. There are people nearly half your age posting here conveying more maturity than you seem to manage.

and here was me thinking that jamsey was the stupid one in weapon when it came to this site, how the last few months have proven me wrong. ( and thats not because he left )

This site means dick in the grand scheme of things. It doesnt really make any difference as the majority of the audience at most shows in Aberdeen DONT come on here anyway, certainly not at our gigs.

Maybe if you lose the small town attitude then Kenetic, who I think have a good thing going, will actually play outside your own backyard, unlike your last band. Get some ambition and start seeing this site as nothing more than pure entertainment. Too many people on here act like it will make or break their band.

Have a think.

This site means dick in the grand scheme of things. It doesnt really make any difference as the majority of the audience at most shows in Aberdeen DONT come on here anyway, certainly not at our gigs.

Maybe if you lose the small town attitude then Kenetic, who I think have a good thing going, will actually play outside your own backyard, unlike your last band. Get some ambition and start seeing this site as nothing more than pure entertainment. Too many people on here act like it will make or break their band.

Have a think.

chill gramps :gringo:

I'm sorry i forgot that your the expert in touring and having the right "attitude" what Stayover did or didnt do has nothing to do with anything really, we had a shit load of fun, and what else matters? It isnt all about making it "big" is it?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Interview? Isnt that what ambitious bands do to spread the word of their music? Surely that's not going to happen!?

Who would want to interview this faggot? He has as much good/interesting to say as Menzies Campbell and thats being kind. At least Menzies is kind of amusing.

DWEP

Uh-oh, looks like Rinky's been at the catnip again, folks.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Who are the most brutal grind band on the planet?

Jake, what is your top 3 favourite Spike songs?

At this moment, Phobia's "Cruel" LP is hardly off the turntable.

Top 3 SPD songs:

Narrow Minded

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits...........Rinky!

Land Of The Fat

Christ, that was pretty tricky.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Why don't you write longer songs?

I'm not taking the piss, don't mind your stuff, but why don't you develop your songs into actual songs rather than 30second blasts?

Got a new guitarist yet?

A few of our songs are indeed around the 1 and a half to 2 minute mark, and it is music, just speeded up to the nth degree.

The post of guitarist has been offered to Dave Farquhar of Sidca (Mr.Blastcap), also thinking of getting a bass player in.

chill gramps :gringo:

I'm sorry i forgot that your the expert in touring and having the right "attitude" what Stayover did or didnt do has nothing to do with anything really, we had a shit load of fun, and what else matters? It isnt all about making it "big" is it?

You just keep on lying to yourself.

It's never about trying to make it big. You're starting to sound like all these holier than thou bitter, twisted "DIY" losers on here! Thats the really sad thing...

It's about trying to do the best you can. If you want to build up a limited little fanbase in one place until they get bored and start the cycle again with a different band then...peace.

:up:

At this moment, Phobia's "Cruel" LP is hardly off the turntable.

Top 3 SPD songs:

Narrow Minded

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits...........Rinky!

Land Of The Fat

Christ, that was pretty tricky.

Aww shucks, I'm flattered jake! truly I am!

I would write a song about you but I'm kinda busy here watching paint dry. :kiss:

It's never about trying to make it big. You're starting to sound like all these holier than thou bitter, twisted "DIY" losers on here! Thats the really sad thing...
Aren't the biggest DIY band in Aberdeen right now also the one thats touring the most, and furthest? Blowing my own trumpet I know, but my jizz tastes fucking amazing.

Aren't the biggest DIY band in Aberdeen right now also the one thats touring the most, and furthest? Blowing my own trumpet I know, but my jizz tastes fucking amazing.

Probably man and thats awesome. We have talked on more than one occasion about how good the things you guys do is for getting your music out and seeing past Aberdeen. Not once do we give you any shit for it or anyone else for that matter. People just need to stay the fuck off our dick for trying our hardest...agreed?

• Upvote 1

Guest Mr Blastcap
Probably man and thats awesome. We have talked on more than one occasion about how good the things you guys do is for getting your music out and seeing past Aberdeen. Not once do we give you any shit for it or anyone else for that matter. People just need to stay the fuck off our dick for trying our hardest...agreed?

are you an American?

Im not syaing you do give us shit, and Filthpact stay out of just about....everything to do with this scene. Its just calling people who are DIY "twisted losers" is hardly a full picture.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I would write a song about you but I'm kinda busy here watching paint dry. :kiss:

I believe you recently announced a "song" of yours as being called "Fuck you, Scorge". Obviously looking at the bigger picture there. Going all the way, baby.

If you want to build up a limited little fanbase in one place until they get bored and start the cycle again with a different band then...peace.

who did that tho?

If again your reffering to stayover then again your wrong, no one got bored we just reacted (rightly or wrongly) to a situation within the band.

The thing is, i can remember you giving me grief for getting involved in things on here a while back, and i can also remember you saying about how you shouldnt even do it for a laugh and how you never wanted anything to do with this site again, yet now the coin has flipped so to speak. i have no problem with you or your band and how you do things, but when you go back on a lot of things you said its hard not to say something. If you really didnt care what people thought, and this is something i have said before, you wouldnt argue, you wouldnt even reply but you do care and its the fact you seem to try so hard to make people think you dont that highlights that fact.

now im going to retreat to my "stoner" ways and listen to some nickleback, and remind myself of the days when life was easy :gringo:

I believe you recently announced a "song" of yours as being called "Fuck you, Scorge". Obviously looking at the bigger picture there. Going all the way, baby.

Cant recall that but probably did it for a giggle. Announcing a song with a joke title is funny and throwaway whereas actually taking the time to get so riled and moved to write a song is different story altogether.

Still, its flattering, thanks for the publicity.

Why does what we do get to you so much? We actually think its so funny that you do.

You should get into stamp collecting or something...

who did that tho?

If again your reffering to stayover then again your wrong, no one got bored we just reacted (rightly or wrongly) to a situation within the band.

The thing is, i can remember you giving me grief for getting involved in things on here a while back, and i can also remember you saying about how you shouldnt even do it for a laugh and how you never wanted anything to do with this site again, yet now the coin has flipped so to speak. i have no problem with you or your band and how you do things, but when you go back on a lot of things you said its hard not to say something. If you really didnt care what people thought, and this is something i have said before, you wouldnt argue, you wouldnt even reply but you do care and its the fact you seem to try so hard to make people think you dont that highlights that fact.

now im going to retreat to my "stoner" ways and listen to some nickleback, and remind myself of the days when life was easy :gringo:

To be fair, if you looked at recent posts of mine, at least one states clearly that this site is pure entertainment for me when i get upto date at work. I cant get on alot of sites at work due to the firewall so any promotion of the band on the web waits till i get home and/or other members do it during the day. Now you know me well enough to know dude that I sit and laugh at stuff like this. Calling you a stoner is just an obvious option. It isnt particularly profound and is an obvious route to take but if I amuse myself then job done.

I've seen you get into several page long "debates" on here and to everyone else its silly and pointless. Everyone that says "Oh arguing on the internet is stupid" has done it and/or still does, they just say that when its an argument they dont care about.

Like i say and its a FACT. This messageboard matters not to any progress* of the band AT ALL.

*Note for Jake: Progress -

1. a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage: the progress of a student toward a degree.

2. developmental activity in science, technology, etc., esp. with reference to the commercial opportunities created thereby or to the promotion of the material well-being of the public through the goods, techniques, or facilities created.

3. advancement in general.

4. growth or development; continuous improvement: He shows progress in his muscular coordination.

5. the development of an individual or society in a direction considered more beneficial than and superior to the previous level.

6. Biology. increasing differentiation and perfection in the course of ontogeny or phylogeny.

7. forward or onward movement: the progress of the planets.

8. the forward course of action, events, time, etc.

9. an official journey or tour, as by a sovereign or dignitary