aberdeen-music

crocodile hunter steve irwin dead

delboy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he got stung in the chest by the barb and it made a hole in his heart which is why he died, none of this poison talk. the man was a fucking legend, in the words of will greenwood he had balls as big as a house. a geniune one off top geezer who fucking loved animals and got millions of people around the world interested in the less cuddly animals and despite his thumb up the arse tactics he did educate aswel as entertain. im gonna miss steve irwin. rip. the crocodile hunter film was fucking terrible though

Found a rather funny quote in an article somewhere...

Aha. Gotcha:

' On one occasion Leno asked Irwin to show how the sex of a crocodile could be ascertained. "I put my finger in here and if it smiles, it's a girl," Irwin said. "If it bites me, it's a boy." '

Well it made me crack a smile anyway.

Aww what!? Just because they are famous you cant cry for them!? Fitiver min.

I named my guinea pigs after his dog and his crocodile. he was on TV over here a week ago when a 200yr old tortoise died. He started crying and saying he was ging to put up a plaque and stuff for it. Aww, he was a really nice guy...

but why on earth was he friends with John Howard!? grrr....

apparently the last time someone died of such an injury was 1945 so a freak accident indeed.

I dunno about freak accident, he basically made a career out of noising up dangerous animals to get a reaction for the cameras.

He probably thought he was in no real danger beacause hardly anyone has been killed by a stingray, got complacent and didn't register the warning signs, or didn't even know what a warning sign was from a stingray.

Should've stuck to what he knows inside out, crocs.

Shame though, not the way I'd choose anyone to die, especially someone who really did seem to care about the animals.

' On one occasion Leno asked Irwin to show how the sex of a crocodile could be ascertained. "I put my finger in here and if it smiles' date=' it's a girl," Irwin said. "If it bites me, it's a boy." '[/quote']

How do you know if a crocodile is smiling or not? :p

...And on the whole "harmless stingray" thing, as mentioned in the above quote, Irwin was probably trying to stick his thumb up the unsuspecting stingray's arse or something.

Ouch, I don't think I want to see that...His producer & friend said it shows him pulling the barb out and then that was him more or less gone. Also saw that if the family agree, he could be having a state funeral.

He once said if a croc finally got him, he'd like the cameras to be rolling. Bless.

About the footage?

He certainly had some questionable ways though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsuTTxZvI9w

This is how NOT to do it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKgwhgqZB04&NR

Yer' date=' but with so many different versions bandying around god knows what's true and what's not.

Aah have seen that croc bite video before, sticking your hand into a croc's mouth, not that smart...[/color']