aberdeen-music

tilly and the wall, edgar prais & copy haho, mon 4th sept @ tunnels

Jamesy

i'm glad people are starting to get excited about this one..

..i just hope everyone stays around for tilly and the wall.. it's so great that they're coming to aberdeen, and it just annoys me when i see so many people leave after the locals finish.

three great bands.. an evening's entertainment mapped out.

I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't heard too much of Tilly and the Wall but what I ahve I've liked alot. Edgar Prais and Copy Haho are both local bands i've been interested in seeing too.

I'm in the same category.

I knew I heard the name from somewhere and it was when my friend sent me some of their stuff which I liked but never bothered to indulge into further.

the edgar prais have once again blown me away!:up::up:

i thought copy haho sounded good at first, but got really same-y after a while, but i really don't know what to think of tilly and the wall... i really loved the idea of the tap dancing, and it looked damn good, but it sounded a bit pish... it did start to grow on me a little, but i had to leave :down:

Thought Tilly and the Wall were tip-top, although the sound quality wasn't that great. They often seem to struggle to get female voices high enough in the mix at the Tunnels. Brilliant songs and performance though - definitely not a novelty act.

Second time I've seen Edgar Prais and I'm starting to get to know some of the tunes now. Could 'go far', although I think they need to develop their song writing further. Copy Haho had some good bits in their set, although they seem a bit over-reliant on the stop-start thing.

As a female vocalist I can honestly say I've never had an issue with vocal levels in tunnels. I've played there erm... I dunno... 6-8 times. *shrugs*

It's possible that now I'm, pretty much, an old man, it might be my hearing. It also depends a bit on the type of music and the type of voice rather than just the gender of the singer. Last night, I could hear the women really well when there wasn't too much other sound but when the songs got going it got harder and harder to hear. They seemed to have to really strain to make themselves heard, whilst the male singer was always really clear. I don't normally encounter this problem at the Lemon Tree (although the sound's exceptionally good there), so maybe it's not just my becoming a doddery old git.

It was the first time in a year of seeing Copy Haho and I was much more impressed than last time. They have some very catchy parts and some of their guitar melodies were fab.

The Edgar Prais were great as usual, definately the best they've played since Pretty Girls Make Graves.

Tilly and the Wall were fantastic. Such a great band. I didn't really notice a fault in the sound mix but the harmonised vocals were great. My favourite had to be their self proclaimed 'dance song'.

Top notch.