anyone else getting a plane today??

catherine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for once' date=' I agree with Stripey.

I promise that this will nto happen again anytime soon.[/quote']

stripey has a fair point. However, the UK is a main target over our actions throughout the middle east so we are under threat. However im not really clued up on the kinds of activity that the security services are involved in so i cant speculate as to how serious this threat was.

stripey has a fair point. However' date=' the UK is a main target over our actions throughout the middle east so we are under threat. However im not really clued up on the kinds of activity that the security services are involved in so i cant speculate as to how serious this threat was.[/quote']

I would say fairly serious considering MI5 issued the UK with a critical threat level. The security services will stop/discover new plots everyday, however, you'll hardly ever hear about them, because they've been stopped in time or they're not considered something to alert the public to.

Today's threat level and the media coverage this is receiving tells you that it was more than "just another plot".

I would say fairly serious considering MI5 issued the UK with a critical threat level. The security services will stop/discover new plots everyday' date=' however, you'll hardly ever hear about them, because they've been stopped in time or they're not considered something to alert the public to.

Today's threat level and the media coverage this is receiving tells you that it was more than "just another plot".[/quote']

Yeah, its a media plot once again to highten the climate of fear. I hope this shit is over in a few weeks as I'm off to California, flying from Heathrow.

It'll turn out to be bullshit like EVERY SINGLE OTHER major terror alert in the UK has been?

stripey has a fair point. However' date=' the UK is a main target over our actions throughout the middle east so we are under threat. However im not really clued up on the kinds of activity that the security services are involved in so i cant speculate as to how serious this threat was.[/quote']

If you read the various threads in this site where people are trying to justify the war in Iraq, you'll appreciate we probably deserve some shit like this...

Yeah' date=' its a media plot once again to highten the climate of fear. I hope this shit is over in a few weeks as I'm off to California, flying from Heathrow.

It'll turn out to be bullshit like EVERY SINGLE OTHER major terror alert in the UK has been?[/quote']

Erm , last years bombings were bullshit?

Anyway, what the ferk is Tony B doing having a hoiliday at a time like this, surely he must have been informed about the goings on that lead up to the arrests etc. ?(

Yeah' date=' its a media plot once again to highten the climate of fear. I hope this shit is over in a few weeks as I'm off to California, flying from Heathrow.

It'll turn out to be bullshit like EVERY SINGLE OTHER major terror alert in the UK has been?[/quote']

MI5 has nothing to do with the media. The media are only reporting what MI5 have done. And of course, to make people watch, the media have to put a bit of exaggeration into it, but the fact of the matter is, the UK is under a critical threat level. After the London bombings, nothing can be taken to be bullshit. If you remember, they knew fuck all about those until they happened.

It always strikes me as amazing that people think they should have actually known about this in advance. Unless the MI5 have a constant tap on everyone's brain' date=' how can they know such info, unless they are fucking in on it.[/quote']

You see, you went and took that the wrong way. The context which I meant, and which it was typed was that you cannot say these terror threats are bullshit, because the stuff that they don't find out can have horrendous consequences.

Read the post properly in future instead of attacking me.

Erm ' date=' last years bombings were bullshit?

Anyway, what the ferk is Tony B doing having a hoiliday at a time like this, surely he must have been informed about the goings on that lead up to the arrests etc. ?([/quote']

No, they had no prior knowledge of 7/7. All the THREATS!!! have been proved to be bullshit.

Statistical analysis has proven that every time Blair and Bush sag in approval ratings, a fresh terror alert gives them a bounce back up the charts.

Every single major terror alert issued by either the US, Canadian or UK governments has proven to be either a manufactured facade, an entrapment sting or an outright hoax.

Recently, a supposed plan to hijack planes and fly them into London landmarks was exposed as a concoction of UK government lobbyists and news chiefs.

FAKE WAR ON TERROR - THREAT ARCHIVE

It always strikes me as amazing that people think they should have actually known about this in advance. Unless the MI5 have a constant tap on everyone's brain' date=' how can they know such info, [b']unless they are fucking in on it.

Well, it is well documented that the British Government were involved in False Flag IRA bombings in England in the 1970's and early 80's, so maybe!

Well' date=' it is well documented that the British Government were involved in False Flag IRA bombings in England in the 1970's and early 80's, so maybe![/quote']

Got any credible links about that? I'd be interested in reading, seeing as it's an allegation that I haven't read before. Their links to Loyalist organisations is well documented, though.

Gotta love the conspiracy theorists...

Oh I know, they're fantastic fun ;)

To anyone that thinks yesterday might have been staged - would Blair really go away on holiday and be left "on the beach" while it was all systems go here?

Prescott's non-role in this is highly amusing, though.

I flew from London Heathrow to Aberdeen yesterday evening, and it was sheer hell. We were on the 19:45 flight, just after the time that they had stopped cancelling them, so ours went ahead. We got there at about 5.15pm. We checked in at a machine then queued for just over 2 hours to put our bags in at the "Fast Drop" service desk. The problem was, they had two huge long snaking queues as opposed to the system that they normally have, and people were just joining blindly having no idea what they were for, then finding out after queueing for an hour that they had in fact been in the wrong queue and should have been sent to the back of the other one. Instead BA allowed them to stay and hold up all of the people that had queued correctly.

The check in desk couldn't actually see the queues due to a barrier in front of them, so kept taking people from the queue that was most obvious to them, the queue that snaked round and zig zagged in front of the barrier. The queue we had joined (the supposed fast one), came round the side of the barrier and out at a bit that people don't normally queue at, thus we were totally ignored and had to resort to shoving our way to the front and pointing out politely that there were about 250 people in *both* queues.

Anyway, the reason for the queues wasn't actually the new regualtions, because people knew about them and were prepared. In fact, the amount of extra hold baggage being thrown onto the luggage belts behind check in had caused them to break, so they couldn't send *any* luggage to the planes at all. The belts moved for about 10 seconds at a time then gave up again. You'd have thought that such a problem would have meant that they'd be treating it with more care, but no, they kept flinging heavy things on regardless.

So we got to the gate with 10 minutes to go before the plane left. They let us on in time, but we were half an hour leaving because the pilot was late (?!) because of the motorway being in chaos. Then, to top it all off, when we got back to Aberdeen, it turned out that because of the belt trouble, they had only managed to get about 10 cases onto the plane, and had let us take off without anyones luggage without telling us. We all had to queue up in Aberdeen Airport at 10 when we landed to fill out missing baggage claims (about 150 people). We were told we'd get them today but noone has turned up yet. All of our valuable stuff that would normally be in hand luggage is of course in our unlocked canvas suitcases. Aargh. I know that this is a long post but the attitude of British Airways was so ridiculously lax and they very nearly seemed to take pleasure in the chaos, so I'm ranting. A lot. :down:

Got any credible links about that? I'd be interested in reading' date=' seeing as it's an allegation that I haven't read before. Their links to Loyalist organisations is well documented, though.[/quote']

http://cryptome.org/fulton-raid.htm

Police have raided the secret hideaway of a former soldier who claims he carried out killings with official approval while working as a British agent within the IRA.

Officers went to the home of Kevin Fulton - not his real name - as part of an investigation into his claims in a new book that he was involved in murder and bombings.

In his memoir, Unsung Hero, published last month, Fulton describes shooting and abducting people and planting bombs while working within the Provisional IRA as an agent for British security forces. Even his wife knew nothing of his 21 years as a double agent.

Fulton claims that he committed all the offences, including helping to kill British soldiers, with the full knowledge of his intelligence handlers, and is suing the Government for a compensation package he claims he was promised for his work.

Last week five plain clothes officers from the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) raided his address in southern England and seized a computer, papers, audio tapes and recording equipment. Police also visited the west London office of his publisher, John Blake, and the home of the ghost-writer John Nally, and confiscated all documents relating to the book.

Fulton, who lives on the run under a death threat from the IRA and cannot see his wife and children in Northern Ireland, said yesterday he was shocked by the raids and vowed to fight any attempt to prosecute him. "I am supposed to be living in a secret location but they have compromised me," he said. "I do not know exactly what they are investigating. The police have got to do their job but I was not a terrorist who turned. I was a serving British soldier working covertly in Northern Ireland.