aberdeen-music

Guns N Roses UK Tour

Stephen

Not at all but having your album being sold at bargain bin prices so soon after release can't be a good sign.

I'm not some fanatical G 'n' R fan by the way' date=' but I do like them and if they played Aberdeen would go out of interest as i'm sure loads of people on this forum would. Flick through the satellite music channels and you frequently see G 'n' R songs being shown, can't say I often see Babyshambles songs being played, even when they had singles out![/quote']

can also see loads of westlife and black eyed peas songs when you flick throught sky, so whats the argument, i like pop music more than you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
can also see loads of westlife and black eyed peas songs when you flick throught sky' date=' so whats the argument, i like pop music more than you?[/quote']

If you can't understand the line of discussion perhaps you should not bother posting rather than post absolute drivel.

It's not just on MTV, it's also pretty much all radio stations, and night clubs. I have been in Priory, Charlies, Espionage, Liquid and have heard G 'n' R being played because they are hugely popular. They may be a rock band, but the fact that Sweet child of mine, Paradise city and You could be mine are being played over ten years after they were released speaks volumes about the broad appeal of the songs.

bet you theres loads more people on this forums went to see babyshambles than this joke' date=' babyshambles have released an album in the last year and sold over 100,000 copies, babyshambles are currently recording their new ep, guns n roses are nothing nowadays[/quote']

GNR may be nothing, however they will still sell more albums than Babyshambles even although the GNR name is living off past glories.

GNR have sold 90 million albums worldwide mostly due to Axl's songwriting. Babyshambles are a drop in the ocean compared to this.

ive never said that guns n roses never deserved to be big etc' date=' my comment was 'why the fuck are they still touring?' Not as if there gonna win over any new fans by doing a tour[/quote']

That's a pretty strange comment - apart from the obvious money thang as a reason for touring how can you say they won't win over any new fans? Like no one's going to take friends, children etc. that haven't really been into them previously to the gigs?

That's a pretty strange comment - apart from the obvious money thang as a reason for touring how can you say they won't win over any new fans? Like no one's going to take friends' date=' children etc. that haven't really been into them previously to the gigs?[/quote']

would you pay over the odds to see a band that youve never been into? im not even saying that guns n roses are bad or anything like that, i just dont think its right that they should be touring and people are gullable enough to pay that amount of money to see them when everyone knows there only doing it for the money, wasnt me who brought up babyshambles in the first place coz to be fair its ridiculous comparing the two bands. Anyone actually going to the gigs or is this just another meaningless argument?

i'm going to say, if it makes any difference (which it probably doesn't), i have at least 3 maybe 4 travelling down for the gig with me, would be 5 if not for personal differences (the fifth being someone to say "i saw Axl Rose live"). The main point of the argument as i see it is if there is enough interest in the gig to make it necessary to fill the SECC, which i would say yes to. Axl Rose et al. don't need to win over any new fans, just give the fans that are about, and the people that want to say yeah i saw them (i know at least one person) the chance to see them. Also you have to add to the fact that a lot of the new punk/rock bands today are going to cite G'N'R/Axl as an influence for what they are doing.

Hmm... can't really say I was overly impressed by that 'cover' of Sweet Child Of Mine..

In fact... the irony is Id have said Axl was the weakest link...

The roughness of his vox are gone. That was terrible! Its also weird seeing no Slash, Duff etc... Axl has also gone OTT with the plastic surgery.

Technical probs with the mic aside... His voice has lost the power... And what was with those 'woh-oh's' and so on... Would be curious to see some of the heavier numbers and how he handles those... But the energy of the performance just wasnt there... They guitarists have just copied slash's sound/solos too, which just looks and feels strange to me...

No offence to everyone but what the hell did you expect??? You all knew Slash, Duff and Izzy no longer had anything to do with the band (see Velvet Revolver), it's been at least 10 years since axl has left the continent of America (save Leeds a few years ago, with buckethead?!? WTF?!?), did you honestly expect him to still have the same voice and still being able to hit the high notes he used to (although he can still hit them as you hear in It's not easy)??

For those of you that are in a band, and are the same age as he was 10-20 years ago, i'd love to hear you sing the songs your singing now in 10-20 years time.

Of course the band aren't GNR, they ain't claiming to be, remember the original name is from Axl and Tracii Gun's last names, at what point was Tracii part of the band during the whole Use Your Illusion era, or even Appitite For Destruction??

Yeah it will probably be shit and they will nowhere near live up to the good times they hit during their glory years (what band does??), but come the 21st of JUly i will be in the SECC if for anything else, just to have the honor of saying "I saw the reason i got into Rock Music live on stage".

(save Leeds a few years ago' date=' with buckethead?!? WTF?!?)[/quote']

I went and was scared it was going to be rubbiss but it was ace fun and his voice was pretty decent.

I saw one of the reasons I started loving music live onstage if not in a 100% pure form and it was amazing. :)

Guest bluesxman

His hairline was going the way of mine over ten years ago, is that a braided wig he wears nowadays? He looked like he was generally out of breath in that Sweet Child clip, not surprising he can't quite get the vocals. Given his age and lack of performance activity in recent years it's hardly surprising.