aberdeen-music

6's tournament at Seaton Park?

Zippy

Came up with a good idea...

How about a 6's football tournament at Seaton Park one Saturday or Sunday in the summer. Saw the 6's tournament at the University in April and looked great fun but it would be hard to get it up to that standard. I've got access to a goal (decent size, not a pair unfortunately) and I'd have to get permission to use it but I reckon I could get it. We'd probably need a couple of ref's, Christy I'm looking in your direction! Wouldn't have to be too special but hopefully get a few teams on the go and have a mini tournament. We'd need bibs aswell.

Gee us a shout if your interested, any suggestions?

It's an idea at the moment but I fancy it!

Small Enclosed only have 2 footballers' date=' but pretty sure we can rope in some ringers. Brendan from Julia Thirteen was on YTS forms at Hearts...

... or i could call in the old Elgin connections with Chris Clark and Rickie Foster[/quote']

and I can confidently predict the FHA team will be coming last if that's kind of competition everyone else brings.

I once played a full game for a Sunday team that played at the park on the end of my old street. They were short of players. I can't even remember the last time I kicked a ball in fact...

and I can confidently predict the FHA team will be coming last if that's kind of competition everyone else brings.

I once played a full game for a Sunday team that played at the park on the end of my old street. They were short of players. I can't even remember the last time I kicked a ball in fact...

Oiiii, speak for yourself. I was a youth at Queen Of The South and i played for Max.High Former Pupils in the Southwest Of Scotland League :p

Might be a bit off my game at the moment, but i do have a good turn of pace for a 6'4" man.

Plus Alan Ashes plays league Hockey and both Alex and Roy look like they might be a bit handy. I'd be up for a Sunday sometime.

I definately think band teams are the way forward so as to rule out ringers :p

Sounds like an amazing idea. You might wanna make teams less than 6 if you are doing it by bands. I'd be well up for playing but L4 the footie team would be EXTREMELY interesting...so i could put myself forward as a keeper for another team. Whoever puts in the biggest transfer fee.....:p

I say we have to have confirmed rules regarding teams (ect) if the band rule is gonna apply.

I think it should be more of a guideline than a rule. A team is a team and should be allowed to participate, but if bands want to enter as a whole it'll make things more interesting.