aberdeen-music

ATTN: Aberdeen Promoters

its nae difficult. you simply need to be passionate[...]

Not even. Just book the fucking gig and promote it. You can get a 'promoter starter pack' free with Coco Pops just now. Be sure to book a few dodgy local acts that have plenty mates and make yersel a wee buck or two!

I think there is a delux 'Fashion Passion Promoter Pack' coming out later in the year! This one allows you to think that you are the dogs bollocks of promoters. :laughing:

Seriously though, just ask (pm) a few of the promoters for some tips. They'll be happy to help.

aye - i'd just to it yourself - that's how i started promoting.

i love million dead and when their ex singer wanted gigs i just booked him and kinda guessed my way through the rest.

but - i might be doing a gig on the 2nd which i could change to the 4th maybe.

mm.

i have a question' date=' how do you persuade the venues to put the shows on?[/quote']

Ask them nicely :)

Seriously, it's not hard as long as you're not a complete dick and willing to follow what the venue says, you're laughing. Getting decent nights might be hard without a reputation, but I dare say every venue in town has nights that they'd be glad to offload onto external promoters.

im not doing gigs anymore anyway. got a few coming up over summer. but after that im done

dont worry though folks (im sure your reaching for the razor blades)' date=' you still have sharon, mike, graham and jenny as your local dogs bollocks promoters[/quote']

what the fxxk, don't like that news at all, i had you lined up to pass

the baton to sometime soon

have a rest for a few months...............& come back bouncing

ps ruf ruf

The rest's just about letting as many people know as possible and putting in the hours doing so.

that is the difficult bit, evenings spent/lost/whatever on flyering knobends outside nightclubs/gigs, myspacing, mailing listing, emailing listings, internet posting and postering after some prick removes your posters etc

anyone can put on a gig, but the REAL promoters are the ones who are out there most nights promoting

okay okay.

i`m not planning to become a promoter over-night.

and besides, i think aberdeen has more than enough promoters already...

so..um, does anyone here have anything on said date, and could slot them in somewhere?

and just as a bit of background info: Help She Can`t Swim are supporting SLEATER-KINNEY on their upcoming sell-out tour (well, on some of their date). and they have supported TEST ICICLES and the DAMN ARMS on their second-last. so basically, this band is already potentially heading onto bigger things...

but well...if anyone wants to be so kind and give me a "How To Become A Promoter Overnight 101 Guide For Beginners" then feel free to message me :up:

HELP SHE CAN`T SWIM are playing the GLASGOW BARFLY on June the 3rd.

and judging by their site' date=' they don`t have anything booked for the 4th.

does anybody want to put in a good word for this AMAZING band and offer them a date in aberdeen?

[url']http://www.myspace.com/helpshecantswim

(yes please)

x

Are you sure they'd want to come to Aberdeen, since they're in Leeds on the sixth? It's a good 6-7 hours drive to Leeds from here.

By the way, if they are prepared to do the gig for a reasonable fee, Drummonds only has Gerry Jablonski listed for that date, which is basically one man and his guitar, so I'm sure they'd be willing to do an early show if you could scrape together a couple of supports.

EDIT:Scrap that, they also have comedy listed now as well.

that is the difficult bit' date=' evenings spent/lost/whatever on flyering knobends outside nightclubs/gigs, myspacing, mailing listing, emailing listings, internet posting and postering after some prick removes your posters etc

anyone can put on a gig, but the REAL promoters are the ones who are out there most nights promoting[/quote']

Very true, its completely time consuming and can be a total pain in the arse :p

By the way' date=' if they are prepared to do the gig for a reasonable fee, Drummonds only has Gerry Jablonski listed for that date, which is basically one man and his guitar, so I'm sure they'd be willing to do an early show if you could scrape together a couple of supports.

EDIT:Scrap that, they also have comedy listed now as well.[/quote']

Jablonski is comedy, surely?