aberdeen-music

Liquid

Guest Bob

That's a bloody good idea! I don't know if the dank of the palace could ever be recreated though...

i could start now on trying to recreate it by making the floors more sticky! Be rad if we can make them sticky enough to remove peoples shoes!

ahhh the palace, i miss that place!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could start now on trying to recreate it by making the floors more sticky! Be rad if we can make them sticky enough to remove peoples shoes!

ahhh the palace' date=' i miss that place![/quote']

moshulu's floors are stickier than you'd think, particularly near the bar. i make this mistake every obedience school when i'm wandering over to the bar during the day, mid-getting changed and i stupidly hit the carpet in my barefeet. that feeling is so nasty!

moshulu's floors are stickier than you'd think' date=' particularly near the bar. i make this mistake every obedience school when i'm wandering over to the bar during the day, mid-getting changed and i stupidly hit the carpet in my barefeet. that feeling is so nasty![/quote']

I'd rather take sandpaper to my scrotum I think....

• 3 weeks later...
My bare feet have hit the carpet in Moshulu and it didn't take long for them to turn black.

It's filthier than people give it credit for.

I love this post .

I am also liking the idea of a one off palace night in Moshulu.

Recreating the soggy sofas from the foyer and people lying all over the stage with the old playlist would be a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah the Palace, nothing will ever come close.

I've almost stopped going to Moshulu now.

The music is horrific every week and is stuck in a kind of nine inch nails/metallica/prodigy state everytime I go (maybe i'm just drunk though).

I haven't heard a new song there in what seems like years.

I'll have to start going to liquid!

Ah the Palace' date=' nothing will ever come close.[/quote']

I loved it too but don't you think that if Moshulu shut down however many years down the line there'd be a new group of drinkers in another club going "Ah Moshulu, nothing will ever come close"?

The music is horrific every week and is stuck in a kind of nine inch nails/metallica/prodigy state everytime I go (maybe i'm just drunk though).

So you loved the music in the Palace, the music in Moshulu is horrific and yet you haven't heard a new song in there in what seems like years? Contradiction non? If it's always stuck in a kind of NIN/Metallica/Prodigy state maybe you should try Flying Circus? ;)

Can I have a refund on new CDs I've bought and played in there by AFI, The Automatic, Nelly Furtado, Arctic Monkeys, Gnarls Barkley, Muse, Lostprophets, All-American Rejects, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Fall Out Boy, Hundred Reasons, Panic! At The Disco, Taking Back Sunday, The Fratellis, Hot Chip and Pussycat Dolls in the last while then? :D

The Palace was OK, but better back in the 1988-1992 era when it was called Ritzy's. To the best of my knowledge it was called The Palace Ballroom -> Fusion -> Rizy's -> Bonkers (but eveyone just ignored that name) -> The Palace -> Liquid.

I saw Faith No More in Ritzy's in 1989. I thought they were shit LOL.

But The Venue was better. Much much better.

Haven't we done this already. Was it done on this same thread? Oh dear...

Ah the Palace' date=' nothing will ever come close.

[/quote']

true, pauls set was just amazing (until about the 5th time running) and lets not forget those pints of mcewans were amazing (it could remove rust and make you piss hot acid)

hahahahahahaha, maybe you are too drunk or maybe your just being one of those dickheads that says "the palace was truly amazing and pisses over moshulu" but neglects to realise that you are no longer the fun loving, metallica (insert band you used to love but cringe at now) listening, drinking every night kid we all were:P

hmmmmm

tbh i used to frequently do the lighting jock shift with adam, not so much these days mind you and i think you will find his set varies pretty frequently. OBVIOUSLY between the hours of 2 and 3am you have 550 people to please all at once and a common/familiar ground has to be delivered, hence you MAY here a metallica song once every 3/4 weeks etc

and i think we can all agree that with air guitar it is pretty difficult to play songs you have never heard before

I'll have to start going to liquid!

cheerio! ;)

hahah, I love the fact no-one can take criticism here.

I have enjoyed going to moshulu quite a lot over the past few years. The simple fact is that 'I' really don't enjoy it that much anymore, which is simply my opinion. I don't find the music very good anymore (maybe it is due to the fact that i've heard these songs SO many times over the years). This is not to say I won't go.... but that I think i'd rather save some money than get rat-arsed to forget 'head like a hole' for the 3,000,000th time in my life ;)

Although i'm sorry you spent money on a pussycat dolls cd (I'll throw you a couple of quid next time i'm in).

And I was talking more about Bond-age in the Palace being great, not when DJ Paul did Monday nights (although that was always a laugh too). and yes, the pints of McEwans were a bit spicy (nothing a wee whisky in the top didn't solve). I just think the place had a better vibe, a better selection of music played, a better layout etc. Not to say moshulu is bad at all.

I just haven't been enjoying it, big deal. Don't all start jumping on my back just because I have voiced an opinion. I know many people much younger than my sprightly 28 years who don't really go along anymore for the same reasons.

Lots of fresh blood in the next couple of months though.

:)

I agree, I went to Moshulu quite a bit when it first opened and I was a fresh faced loon looking for an alternative to the palace. But it wasn't long before I was sick of hearing the same songs every single Friday and I just completely stopped going. Whenever I'm in now the music just becomes so generic and background that come 3am I probably couldn't even name any of the songs that were on.

hahah' date=' I love the fact no-one can take criticism here.

I have enjoyed going to moshulu quite a lot over the past few years. The simple fact is that 'I' really don't enjoy it that much anymore, which is simply my opinion. I don't find the music very good anymore (maybe it is due to the fact that i've heard these songs SO many times over the years). This is not to say I won't go.... but that I think i'd rather save some money than get rat-arsed to forget 'head like a hole' for the 3,000,000th time in my life ;)

Although i'm sorry you spent money on a pussycat dolls cd (I'll throw you a couple of quid next time i'm in).

And I was talking more about Bond-age in the Palace being great, not when DJ Paul did Monday nights (although that was always a laugh too). and yes, the pints of McEwans were a bit spicy (nothing a wee whisky in the top didn't solve). I just think the place had a better vibe, a better selection of music played, a better layout etc. Not to say moshulu is bad at all.

I just haven't been enjoying it, big deal. Don't all start jumping on my back just because I have voiced an opinion. I know many people much younger than my sprightly 28 years who don't really go along anymore for the same reasons.

Lots of fresh blood in the next couple of months though.

:)[/quote']

aww, i wish i was a couple of years older and could've experienced the palace, it sounds ace!

but liquid....

i'm not a fan.

i got a gold vip card cos i worked for uni in freshers week last year and i've never used it LOL, haven't been there since freshers week,

i really should've sold it to someone!

might be working this freshers week so will have to put up with it again, but at least the drinks are free :)