aberdeen-music

Fopp of the Flopps

koolsville

Why on earth would it be the shop assistant that's being unreasonable? No one was MAKING you buy it.

I actually can't believe you asked for a pound off - are your resources so low that the difference between 7 and 6 has such an impact on your bank balance? Displays such as that just perpetuate the myth that Aberdonian's are tight-fisted bastards.

If you're getting CDs for less than a pound per CD, you're already doing very fucking well.

What was the box set anyway?

It's not Fopp's policy to refuse discounts on damaged items and it wasn't reduced because of the dent (I know the box you mean and it's priced at 7 nationwide). It's up to the discretion of the assistant you deal with and/or their manager.

I tend to always reduce damaged goods but you have to remember that, on a lot of stock, the profit margin is very small and so a reduction is impossible.

I'm not sticking up for Fopp though, they're a bunch of cunts and can all go to hell.

Guest Les Stroszek

Yes Douglas you tell them ha ha! Where are you?

Fopp arn't that bad there are worse record stores out there though its not as good as the good old Fopp outside Maarks and Spencer.

Why on earth would it be the shop assistant that's being unreasonable? No one was MAKING you buy it.

I actually can't believe you asked for a pound off - are your resources so low that the difference between 7 and 6 has such an impact on your bank balance? Displays such as that just perpetuate the myth that Aberdonian's are tight-fisted bastards.

If you're getting CDs for less than a pound per CD' date=' you're already doing very fucking well.

What was the box set anyway?[/quote']

Dont hold back Hummer:laughing:

Guest five years
Unless of course they were 10 pish CDs' date=' then it would just be a waste of 7.[/quote']

well obviously...but they obviously weren't totally pish...because he was attracted to it enough to buy it...

I don't understand why people think the new Fopp is any worse than the old one. It's in a better location, wider selection and generally there's probably more items at lower prices. yeah the old one had a certain charm about it, but it has nothing else over the new one.

And I wouldn't have asked for the pound off.

Also if the dent was such a problem, why would it have been less of a problem at 6.

If you're getting CDs for less than a pound per CD' date=' you're already doing very fucking well.

What was the box set anyway?[/quote']

Its was 1950s Rock 'n' Roll set. It was cheap because most of the stuff on it was pre-1956 and in the public domain. There are quite a few 50s budget compilations being released these days and all really cheap because of the lapsed copyright. The one in Fopp was actually one of the better ones on the go and was recommended by a mate.

7.00 was RRP and I just don't like paying full whack for damaged goods.