aberdeen-music

Help!!

feeble!

I really need help - anyone who grew up in the 80's/90's should know what I'm talking about when I mention those small googly eyed furball things that had sticky feet so you could stick them to things, like your car/window ledge/wall etc. If I recall correctly grampian fire service etc used to use them to get children to know about fire and stuff. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these things.

Anyway, I really need to find out what they were called and to get a damn photo of one of them to prove to a hot girl that they existed. If anyone can give me the proper name to search for a photo, or has a photo of one of these damn things they could send me then I would be intensely grateful!

Cheers in advance.

I really need help - anyone who grew up in the 80's/90's should know what I'm talking about when I mention those small googly eyed furball things that had sticky feet so you could stick them to things' date=' like your car/window ledge/wall etc. If I recall correctly grampian fire service etc used to use them to get children to know about fire and stuff. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these things.

Anyway, I really need to find out what they were called and to get a damn photo of one of them to prove to a hot girl that they existed. If anyone can give me the proper name to search for a photo, or has a photo of one of these damn things they could send me then I would be intensely grateful!

Cheers in advance.[/quote']

I thought they were called bugs. See a picture here http://www.tram.co.uk/acatalog/Seaton_Tramway_Shop__Tramdriver_Bug_99.html and here http://www.bluefishpromo.com/item/3340.html

Yeah same' date=' i might be able to find one somehwere.

PS. Feeble have you passed your driving test yet?[/quote']

Lol - yeah, I passed about 5 weeks ago now! Been out on the road driving, too busy to come here and say though!

Driving's definitely the ultimate banter and also the ultimate kick in the wallet as someone's already reversed into my car and I just had to pay £80 for a return pipe for my power steering as no scrappies had the exact pipe I needed :(

But yeah - cheers for everyone finding this out!

the only problem with the speed boat is it was only ever the prize when they lost.

This is a little sad but was there not a story about this. Apparently Bullseye's producers had done a deal with a speed boat supplier....it worked out cheaper for them to shift more speedboats than say a car or a caravan etc.....generally things that people might use more often or get more for if they were to selll them on....I don't think the actual value of the speed boats they had on the show was as good as perceived.

Well, anyway....it turns out that when it looked liked a team was going to win the star prize they would wheel in a speed boat...when a team were only gonna get there BFH they would wheel in the car or caravan.

I could only have been about ten years old when I heard this...so I may be wrong. I'd like to think it was true though.

What was this thread about again??

the proper name for them is "gonks"

No no, they were bugs. Gonks were different. I'm trying to find a picture of a Gonk on Google but I keep getting a Star-Wars Gonk droid...

They were furry with triangular noses and big eyes. Like a toilet roll wrapped up in fur. You used to win them as prizes in the fun fair. In fact, down at the beach there's a game where you have to throw balls at a few rows of Gonks to win tickets. They look the closest thing to a 'Gonk' that I remember from childhood.