aberdeen-music

Dresden Dolls Yes Virginia - incl my artwork

broken_doll

maybe this is lame because i haven't made a post in forever because i never seem to have the time.....so forgive me for being a bit excited about this

the Dresden Dolls new album was out today (incidently as this is music discussion my favourite tracks for now are - Backstabber - Dirty Business & Shores of California)

anyway......some artwork of mine, a photograph i took of a friend who models for me to be more specific has been included in the album booklet (some of you may be aware that there was a competition)

so here's the original & the page from the booklet

s320x240

s320x240

thanks guys :)

Ace! :D

Played a couple of tracks from the new album at the Thomas Truax gig last night' date=' great to see he's supporting them again on their tour![/quote']

i feel strange about missing Thomas.....though i figured i was a bit broke...i'd seen him 3 times and that i would see him again with the Dolls and then again in the future at some point........having tried to convince them before i'm glad to see Jim & Katie finally saw his wonderousness :D

Hehe' date=' I actually squealed when I made this discovery >_<

I can't believe I didn't hear about it before seeing it though.[/quote']

i think i thought i'd told more people than i did ...doh ^_^

i feel strange about missing Thomas.....though i figured i was a bit broke...i'd seen him 3 times and that i would see him again with the Dolls and then again in the future at some point........having tried to convince them before i'm glad to see Jim & Katie finally saw his wonderousness :D

The revelation of the evening was Son Of Dave, beatbox blues from a 1950's attired American gentlemen. One or two new songs from Thomas, but he's back next month supporting someone in Moshulu I think.

I think Rachie mentioned it now I come to think about it.

Are you going to see them in glasgow then? I'm very excited at the prospect of seeing both Dolls this time' date=' not just miss amanda :)[/quote']

i am indeed :) i've seen the full two piece a couple of times before but it was a lovely birthday present (the ticket) & think i'd like seeing them together again & with more new stuff to play live together

I did indeed mention it...

I wish I was going to the Cathouse gig :( stupid tickets selling out before I had a chance to get my act together and buy one.

Plus to add insult to injury my album (which was dispatched on Sunday) has yet to arrive. Or if it has I don't know about it yet because I'm at Uni.

Congrats though Sheena, looks super :)

EDIT:

My flatmate informs me it has arrived! Whoo! Time to run home!

maybe this is lame because i haven't made a post in forever because i never seem to have the time.....so forgive me for being a bit excited about this

the Dresden Dolls new album was out today (incidently as this is music discussion my favourite tracks for now are - Backstabber - Dirty Business & Shores of California)

anyway......some artwork of mine' date=' a photograph i took of a friend who models for me to be more specific has been included in the album booklet (some of you may be aware that there was a competition)

so here's the original & the page from the booklet

[img']http://pics.livejournal.com/desolation_doll/pic/0001e72w/s320x240

s320x240

well done, miss.

• 2 weeks later...

I squealed a little when I saw your name in the credits :)

On the album itself, I have to admit when I stuck it on for the first time as soon as I got it I was a bit "eeehh..." I didn't think it was as good as the first one, and I'm still a little unsure of it, but I'm already getting into the new songs. I wasn't especially grabbed by Sex Changes the first time round which was a bit of a disappointment since I always feel the first song on an album should really get you totally engaged and make you want to not move until you've listened to the whole album.

However that particular song has actually grown on me immensely already and I'm now rather enjoying the Dresden Doll's latest. :)

Especially loving Sex Changes, Backstabber, Mandy Goes to Med School, Dirty Business and Sing.

And of course the fact that Sheena's artwork is featured makes it even better.