aberdeen-music

Bullet for my Valentine.

Hog

Guest five years

bullet for my 'butchering the classics' valentine then...

not heard the domination one, but their effort for the the kerrang master of puppets cd was pretty balls.

i think there pretty good' date=' catchy, easy to listen to, deep deep lyrics they look good above all, and er guitars.[/quote']

Are actually taking the piss?

I enjoyed BFMV when I saw them live, but they are not very exciting. Unoriginal, shit lyrics, and a bunch of twats to top it off.

Guest five years
i think there pretty good' date=' catchy, easy to listen to, deep deep lyrics they look good above all, and er guitars.[/quote']

i love that you go there.

I was dissappointed by their album. First time I heard Hand of Blood i was blown away, quality riff, a great simple don't-think-too-hard moshing song. Rest of the ep was pretty good too, for a young band thought they definitely had some song writing talent, even if they lyrics were fairly poor and they were just redoing what many a band had done before. But they album came out, got the usual 5Ks from Kerrang, and basically has the same riff 14 times. Couple of ok tunes, but absolutely no soul in the album at all, just riff chorus riff chrous, totally made for the masses metal/pop. Seen them in the Garage in Glasgow, pretty good but really nowhere even in the same postal district as Mastodon a couple of months later, who are obviously gods and connosuiers of proper music. If you think BFMV or Trivium is proper metal, then slap yourself in the head, and go and listen to:

Converge

Dillinger Escape Plan

Burst

Mastodon

Ephel Duath

Sikth

Nevermore

Lamb Of God

Hondo Maclean

Strapping Young Lad

Meshuggah

I was dissappointed by their album. First time I heard Hand of Blood i was blown away' date=' quality riff, a great simple don't-think-too-hard moshing song. Rest of the ep was pretty good too, for a young band thought they definitely had some song writing talent, even if they lyrics were fairly poor and they were just redoing what many a band had done before. But they album came out, got the usual 5Ks from Kerrang, and basically has the same riff 14 times. Couple of ok tunes, but absolutely no soul in the album at all, just riff chorus riff chrous, totally made for the masses metal/pop. Seen them in the Garage in Glasgow, pretty good but really nowhere even in the same postal district as Mastodon a couple of months later, who are obviously gods and connosuiers of proper music. If you think BFMV or Trivium is proper metal, then slap yourself in the head, and go and listen to:

Converge

Dillinger Escape Plan

Burst

Mastodon

Ephel Duath

Sikth

Nevermore

Lamb Of God

Hondo Maclean

Strapping Young Lad

Meshuggah[/quote']

whist a fairly nice list you have there. you do realise that Converge, DEP, Burst, Ephel duath are far from being metal bands.

HARDCORE mofo

I did not say that these bands were Metal, I just said that if you think that if you are ill-educated in the ways of proper music, then listen to some of the following. Whilst you may be right in saying that Converge, DEP are hardcore rather than metal, you can't doubt that they are heavy. About 4365949987999 times heavier than those welsh berks in fact.