aberdeen-music

Hostel

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

Anybody seen it? I watched it last night and thought it was pretty good.

That said, I was expecting it to be pretty crap, so maybe I was just surprised.

Guest DustyDeviada
Just goes to show how much expectations can influence your enjoyment... perhaps.

Yep, I frequently find when a film has been hyped up I end up disappointed, with the opposite occurring when I expect it to be shite.

Yep' date=' I frequently find when a film has been hyped up I end up disappointed, with the opposite occurring when I expect it to be shite.[/quote']

Well, expect EVERYTHING to be shit, then you'll only be dissapointed when something is really-REALLY shit. :up:

not impressed. too much pointless breast.

the bit where the evil kids beat the hell out of the chasing guys was alright. i was expecting more violence...

Hah that was by far the best bit... and when he ran down the evil ladies. I laughed. Up until that point id been half asleep.

And no the breasts werent a redeeming feature; I thought the girls were pretty rough anyway!

Ultra-shit story, pretty bad acting, lots of nice tits, some manky gore scenes. I really like my slasher / horror / thriller films but was still pretty unimpressed with this. The only cool thing looking back is the number of sick bits with the chainsaw, scisors, drill, eye, hand, heels and so on. Predictable ending, but absolutely no closure - about if he reported it and stuff.

The whole thing kinda reminded me of my little eye, with innocent teenagers being buchered up for and by wealthy people.

5/10

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i've yet to see it but the gratuitous tit and cunt shots sound quite appealing - i'm told the violence is quite badly done and being a fan of ultraviolent cinema I will be difficult although I hear there is a cameo with T.Miiike as a business man.

oh and BTW is anyone else sick of 'tarantino presents' tags? big deal, your name is on the front of the movie. way to sustain your reputation as a credible director, by endorsing tat

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the violence was very severe but not the worst i've seen. pretty surprising though considering that this is a hollywood flick. the whole thing was a bit of a no brainer but hey, there was some great gash on display and some decent gore. no brainer, good gore...for the most part. some bits just looked like something out of Bad Taste