aberdeen-music

Nizlopi

ben_1903

wow you should totally book them

who cres about the fact you dont like the music' date=' lets make money[/quote']

Surely you put gigs up for other people as well as yourself though, you may not like an act but if you can bring them here and other people will enjoy them what's the problem ?

It's an interesting question but are you less of a promoter if you put on something that you dont necessarily like but you know other people would like, or are you in fact being less selfish and giving people what they want even if you dont ?

Cheers

Stuart

Surely you put gigs up for other people as well as yourself though' date=' you may not like an act but if you can bring them here and other people will enjoy them what's the problem ?

[/quote']

if you are not 100% abotu a band, how can you do a 100% job in promoting them. i put on music i believe 100% into,

It's an interesting question but are you less of a promoter if you put on something that you dont necessarily like but you know other people would like, or are you in fact being less selfish and giving people what they want even if you dont ?

thats exactly what promoters do. im not a promoter in that respect. people who put on gigs of stuff they dont like are doing it as a job, that is not for me

maxi...

a) it is nothing to do with you what we do

b) ben likes nizlopi quite a lot, just because i dont like them doesnt mean i'm gunna stop him booking them, if he wants to do it fair enough, i will help him in every way i can, and im sure he would do the same if i wanted to book a band he isn't a huge fan of!

c)what is your problem with people making a profit from promoting? at our launch night we took a lot of money through the doors, we had bands WE like play, we payed them very well, we put away some money for future gigs, and we made a small profit aswell, what is the fucking problem? we put on stuff we like, we payed everyone well, we worked our asses off, why shouldn't we be alowed to profit from it?

:up:

maxi...

a) it is nothing to do with you what we do

b) ben likes nizlopi quite a lot' date=' just because i dont like them doesnt mean i'm gunna stop him booking them, if he wants to do it fair enough, i will help him in every way i can, and im sure he would do the same if i wanted to book a band he isn't a huge fan of!

c)what is your problem with people making a profit from promoting? at our launch night we took a lot of money through the doors, we had bands WE like play, we payed them very well, we put away some money for future gigs, and we made a small profit aswell, what is the fucking problem? we put on stuff we like, we payed everyone well, we worked our asses off, why shouldn't we be alowed to profit from it?

:up:[/quote']

i dont have problems with people making money from promoting. i have problems with people who do half arsed jobs, with half arsed line ups and make money from it (sour grapes probably, good jobs, good line ups, break even at best) i never really said anything about the mighty duck promotions thingy(did cloud get you registered at company house, i remeber him tryign to do that with gfn? boy i laughed at that?), as from what i have seen you put a good effort into that local line up you did recently and got rewarded well

you seem to have a broad taste in stuff ross and i see you at lots of good alternative shows, why are you not bookign artists like that rather than local gigs?

whats the problem?

your'e everyones problem, because when you go up in the air you are UNSAFE

you seem to have a broad taste in stuff ross and i see you at lots of good alternative shows' date=' why are you not bookign artists like that rather than local gigs?

[/quote']

The local gig was just sort of a tester, we thought it best to make our first gig a local one, so that there was less risks.

if you check our myspace and posters (they will be going up within the next 2 weeks) you will see our next night isn't an all local lineup, and yes we will be starting to book a wide range of stuff in the fiture, as you said, i have a very broad taste in music, and i hope to reflect that with my promotions.:up: