aberdeen-music

Can I do anything about my annoying neighbours?

I have a problem. I live on a street which has flats on either side and the neighbours directly across from me are always leaning out of their windows just looking up and down the street. However, it's incredibly annoying and means that they can sit and look right into my living room, which they frequently do. If I get up and close the curtains so I don't have to looking at their fugly faces, they laugh, as if they've won some sort of game. If I leave the curtains open, they just keep looking and laughing and waving at me.

I know this sounds like me being ridiculously petty but this has been going on for over a year now and I'm getting sick of having to sit with my curtains shut at 4 in the afternoon.

Is there anything I can do about this? Can I report them for spying on me? I know that at least one other neighbour in my building is infuriated by them too.

are they intimidating? or are they just trying to be wacky and think it's funny?

i'd say it definitely comes under anti-social.

you could try putting things in your window that they wouldn't want to see. like big naked fat ugly people or horrible images or something.

if it's been going on for a year and they're still doing it then it's probably worth contacting the police as well. even if they just had a quiet word with them it might help. it's obviously causing you some distress so it's a joke that's well past being funny.

are they intimidating? or are they just trying to be wacky and think it's funny?

i'd say it definitely comes under anti-social.

you could try putting things in your window that they wouldn't want to see. like big naked fat ugly people or horrible images or something.

if it's been going on for a year and they're still doing it then it's probably worth contacting the police as well. even if they just had a quiet word with them it might help. it's obviously causing you some distress so it's a joke that's well past being funny.

It's not like they just do it to piss me off, but they laugh if I shut the curtains as if I'm some sort of freak for not wanting minks looking in my house. Depending on which of the millions of losers that seem to live there, anything could happen. Most often is just me having to watch a fat girl eat pizza while literally leaning right out of the window. It's like they've nothing else to do but watch everyone in the street. If it's the boys then they'll sometimes wave, make faces, try to get my attention then, once again, just laugh if I shut the curtains.

I'm not afraid to leave my house or anything, I'm just sick of being watched. Even once I've shut the curtains, I'm still livid just knowing that they've got nothing more interesting to do.

throw a huge stash of drugs in their window then ring the police...

^what i was thinking, also, cut some pictures of little kids out the argos clothes book, perferably the swim wear section and plaster all over the outside of the drug bag.

To really finish it off, put in some 'so you want to be a foster parent' application forms.

Thank me when the police kick down their doors.

^what i was thinking' date=' also, cut some pictures of little kids out the argos clothes book, perferably the swim wear section and plaster all over the outside of the drug bag.

To really finish it off, put in some 'so you want to be a foster parent' application forms.

Thank me when the police kick down their doors.[/quote']

i like the way you think!

I have a problem. I live on a street which has flats on either side and the neighbours directly across from me are always leaning out of their windows just looking up and down the street. However' date=' it's incredibly annoying and means that they can sit and look right into my living room, which they frequently do. If I get up and close the curtains so I don't have to looking at their fugly faces, they laugh, as if they've won some sort of game. If I leave the curtains open, they just keep looking and laughing and waving at me.

I know this sounds like me being ridiculously petty but this has been going on for over a year now and I'm getting sick of having to sit with my curtains shut at 4 in the afternoon.

Is there anything I can do about this? Can I report them for spying on me? I know that at least one other neighbour in my building is infuriated by them too.[/quote']

you know how they deal with problems like that in america?

If it's not serious enough for the police to be involved' date=' maybe the Council antisocial unit can help. Have a look here -

[url']http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc_data/service/hous_antisocial.asp

excellent! that's linked to a useful looking site about ASBOs. Were currently trying to get rid of the 7 fucking dogs that live in a flat at the top of our building so that might come in useful. So far we've (myself and the other residents in the building) been contacting everyone we can think of hoping someone eventually does something.