aberdeen-music

Simpsons Movie

Larsen B

From Empireonline.com:

If it seems like its been a long time coming, thats only because it has. But now it looks like the wait is over, and now theres actual footage evidence that The Simpsons Movie will finally hit our cinemas.

Well, theres a teaser trailer, anyway. Attached to some prints of the massively successful Ice Age: The Meltdown this weekend in the US was a 25-second clip featuring Americas greatest father (as awarded in about ten thousand polls during the shows run) Homer Simpson.

Spoofing the upcoming Superman Returns, the clip starts on a huge letter S with a typically throaty announcer intoning: Leaping his way onto the silver screen, the greatest hero in American history!" cut to Homer sprawled in his usual sofa position. "I forgot what I was supposed to say," he drawls, before our handy announcer friend clues us in: The Simpsons Movie,' opening worldwide July 27, 2007!" Finally, Homer gets it: "Uh, oh, we better get started."

Its not much, but its something. Watch it here and then hit the forums to debate whether this will be the greatest piece of filmed entertainment since the last one or a colossal waste of time now that The Simpsons has stopped being as funny as it used to be.

The link wasn't working when I tried it, in fact Youtube didn't seem to be working at all either.

Might be ace ...might be total pish. Does seem to be a little late in ariving - the time when the Simpsons was the apotheosis of global entertainment has long passed... but even saying that, on a good day it is still head and shoulders above a lot of the other dross out there. Perhaps the movie would be as good a place as any to bring the whole thing to a slam-bang climax and go out on a high note rather than dribble on for another few years with further diminishing returns.

Guest DustyDeviada

If its anything like the TV show has been for the last 6 or 7 years, it will be total pish.

I keep watching the new episodes and then wondering why I bother. The one last night on Sky was a complete pile of balls.

despite expecting it to be total crap, I will still liekly watch this more than once in hte cinema and buy it on dvd. Our only hope is that the makers realise what has gone wrong over the past 8 seasons, but from what Matt Groening has been saying he still thinks the show is as fresh and relavent as ever. :down:

How many guest stars do you think they will be able to fit in a film?

Guest DustyDeviada
Actually there was anew episode of the Simpsons on last night and it wasn't that bad although it's got nothing on the first half of the simpsons lifespan.

Well that was the one I was talking about and in my view it sucked balls, big time.

RIP Futurama. :(

I keep watching the new episodes and then wondering why I bother. The one last night on Sky was a complete pile of balls.

Was that the one where they're trapped in a cave and lisa tells this massively long story?

That one was a bit poop in all honesty' date=' the next two are better, Ricky Gervais' episode is pretty good, its aired on sky in a couple of weeks i think. Season 17 has been extremely hit or miss.

RIP Futurama. :(

Was there not a post recently that Billy West said they were writing new ones?

Guest DustyDeviada
Was there not a post recently that Billy West said they were writing new ones?

Yep, and it's good news, but my point was that it should never have been cancelled in the first place when it was still on form and the Simpsons had deteriorated so badly.

Guest DustyDeviada
I heard that Billy West was actually just confused or completely wring and it's not coming back at all.

No, I think he got confused and said that it was going to be a full solo, when actually it will be a DVD special.

Yep' date=' and it's good news, but my point was that it should never have been cancelled in the first place when it was still on form and the Simpsons had deteriorated so badly.[/quote']

Americans found it too zany and didnt really get it. Thats why it was cancelled.

Fucking Americans. There was also a rumour that it was going to be commissioned by the BBC to make it exclusivelly for british telly.

Guest DustyDeviada

I've seen interviews with Matt Groening where he's admitted that it will be difficult to make it as good as the South park film.

The concept of making the film about everyone complaining about a cartoon film with lots of swearing in it was genius IMO.

Guest Logan

It's actually been TOO long coming. Simpsons has to me, 'jumped the shark'.

The trailer didn't even get a giggle out of me.

I'd much rather go see the Futurama movie.