aberdeen-music

So...What's everyone reading at the moment?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Just started "Stalin" by Isaac Deutscher. This is the 4th biography of Stalin I have, this is reckoned to be the most authentic one. Then it's Volumes 2, 4, 5 and 6 of Lenin's "Selected Works". Red or dead, comrade.

I just finished reading The Drowned World by JG Ballard' date=' which I reckon would make a great intelligent sci-fi film. Now I'm reading The Good Soldier Svejk by Jaroslav Hasek, which is a very funny and entertaining read so far, and also has some brilliant accompanying illustrations.[/quote']

you should read the RAMA series, by Arthur C clarke, and Gentry Lee, these are fantastic books... a giant cylindical object appears in our solar system, 18Km in diameter and 80Km in length, a crew of astronauts are sent up to check it out, the description of the inside is amazing, it's a giant world, with a "cylindrical sea" running all the way around the inside of the ship, so if yuou look up, you see the opposite "wall" filled with trees and bushes, with the sea above your head...

like I say, read the book, I can't do it justice here...

morgan freeman has the rights to make the film of it, and I think he'll do it justice, when they get round to making it.

http://www.rendezvouswithrama.com/

Guest Frieda

Im reading Muriel Spark for my uni course. Its pretty rubbish - Aiding and Abetting.

Oh my goodness, salsadecacahuete!!! I read The Stinky Cheese Man when I was little too!! That was amazing!! I remember one page being upsidesdown, chicken licken (or something with a hen, henny penny? who knows....) and in the princess and the pea story, the prince put a massive bowlign ball or something under her matresses... amazing....

Im going to look for it on Amazon right now, along with 'The Little Red Bus and other stories'. Good stuff!