aberdeen-music

Will the smoking ban affect the aberdeen music scene?

RescueParty

With the imminent implementation of the Scottish Smoking Ban' date=' how do you feel it will affect the local aberdeen music scene? (10 Marks)[/quote']

if coming home from a gig and not having clothes smell of cigarettes would be considered as an impact on aberdeen's music scene, then, YES. it will have an impact on aberdeens' music scene.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if coming home from a gig and not having clothes smell of cigarettes would be considered as an impact on aberdeen's music scene' date=' then, YES. it will have an impact on aberdeens' music scene.[/quote']

Pitiful, if Keith Richards was dead he'd be spinning like a corkscrew in his grave. "I'll be able to go to a gig and not come back smelling like cigarette smoke". I can't believe of all the decades to be alive, I end up in the one where people are delighted to be going to a gig where they won't have to smell like cigarette smoke.

its ok though nobody will be there to inforce it. aberdeen is only getting 3 inspectors and the police are not inforcing the ban.

Do you really think anyone is going to risk allowing smoking on their premises?

Pubs are getting threatened with something like a 2500 fine for each offence and the threat of licences being withdrawn. For that reason alone, it's pretty obvious that they're going to enforce the ban.

Pitiful' date=' if Keith Richards was dead he'd be spinning like a corkscrew in his grave. "I'll be able to go to a gig and not come back smelling like cigarette smoke". I can't believe of all the decades to be alive, I end up in the one where people are delighted to be going to a gig where they won't have to smell like cigarette smoke.[/quote']

1_richards.jpg

Guest Frieda

I was thinking about this on Monday night. When I got back home from triple Kirks, the smell of smoke had seeped into my tweed jacket. Now THAT sucks. But it will be wierd having no smoke floating over the audience at gigs.

its ok though nobody will be there to inforce it. aberdeen is only getting 3 inspectors and the police are not inforcing the ban.

I'd just love to see you go into The Moorings, spark one up then explain to the staff that it's "ok".

honestly, do you think a venue that is threated with a few grand fine and closure is just going to shrug their shoulders and say "ach, min, you're right enough - it's nae as though we'll get caught, is it?"

it's going to take a few fines for places that do just that but, believe me, the ban will be strict.

Will kinda suck not even being able to have a quick ciggy in the dressing room before a gig. Forcing people to go outside for a smoke will only bring town to a stand still at weekends and surely folk are still going to be "passive smoking" if they are walking past a nightclub which has 30 odd folk all standing outside having a smoke.

Will kinda suck not even being able to have a quick ciggy in the dressing room before a gig. Forcing people to go outside for a smoke will only bring town to a stand still at weekends and surely folk are still going to be "passive smoking" if they are walking past a nightclub which has 30 odd folk all standing outside having a smoke.

Yeah but once inside it's going to be great!

I'm worried that I am going gain about three or four stone simply becuase I am now going to enjoy tasting my food in any part of a pub.

Probably collapse and die of obesity due to the smoking bano_O

Yeah but once inside it's going to be great!

I'm worried that I am going gain about three or four stone simply becuase I am now going to enjoy tasting my food in any part of a pub.

Probably collapse and die of obesity due to the smoking bano_O

And I won't be there to revive you, I'll be outside having a fag.

I wouldna be wantin yer faggy breath trying resuscitate me anyways ye big lug.

Like that is it.

If I see a 25 stone bloke who looks a bit lke you collapse in a pub, I'll nick their wallet instead of trying to help.:finger:

By the way, are you sure you'll enjoy pub food when you can actually taste it?

Guest Mr Blastcap

smoking smoking smoking.

it wont affect me, some of the best conversations i've had at parties/gatherings have been outside while people jabber on about going to the gym and the latest episode of friends inside. so i'll happily go outside or whatever. I smoke cause i like it, it reminds me of my childhood and gives me satisfaction. personal choice. but by christ these non smoking evangilists really get on my tits, particularly that beady eyed ba' heeded prig Scott Begbie that "writes" for the evening express. Fair enough the ban is coming in, and to one extent i think its good for people that have to put up with working in pubs, but thats about it- the same result could have been achieved with better ventilation etc- bar staff dont have to work in bars anyhow, they could get a job at asda, all they require are the correct number of limbs.

musically i think its a disaster, if sidca ever play again i'll be scuppered- we only have one tune the rest is noise, which i used to use to smoke during, what the fuck am i supposed to do now- knit?