aberdeen-music

Foyerlive!!!

J

Latest news: The next Foyerlive show is on Friday 31st March at Cafe Drummonds in Aberdeen's Belmont Street.

The bands playing will be:

The Hatchet Men

Replayed

Which Way Now

Tempest.

It will be just 2 to get in as usual and open to anyone over 14 years old. Cafe Drummonds staff will be searching everyone at the door to stop youngsters smuggling in drinks, You have been warned! Hope you will ALL make it down and a great night will be had by ALL. By the way, we are now looking for bands to play the next show!

Latest news: The next Foyerlive show is on Friday 31st March at Cafe Drummonds in Aberdeen's Belmont Street.

The bands playing will be:

The Hatchet Men

Replayed

Which Way Now

Tempest.

It will be just £2 to get in as usual and open to anyone over 14 years old. Cafe Drummonds staff will be searching everyone at the door to stop youngsters smuggling in drinks' date=' You have been warned! Hope you will ALL make it down and a great night will be had by ALL. By the way, we are now looking for bands to play the next show![/quote']

replayed are wank.

The Hatchetmen?

I own a record by them,but I sincerely doubt if it is the same band as they are rather good.

Having seen Foyer live gigs in the past I'll give it a miss, the standard is usually pretty poor,usually the sort of crowd you expect to see in a youth club,why bands are encouraged to gig before they are ready is beyond me,especially in venues like Drummonds that have a good PA and engineer that could be put to better use.

How would they feel if we came to their youth club and ran around shouting before kicking in the walls?,I am getting pretty bored of paying good money to hear amateur pish played badly,why don't bands rehearse to save them the embarrasment of getting slated ?,

I still have recordings of my first few gigs and we played well and were tight as fuck,mind you we did rehearse 5 nights a week and bought decent equipment.

To be fair Biz, some bands have gone on to better things since playing Foyerlive gigs.

Tears of Grace (they played one, didn't they?) and My Downfall have definitely built on those early days. Some bands haven't, but I guess they were the ones that weren't ready for it.

I own a record by them' date='but I sincerely doubt if it is the same band as they are rather good.

Having seen Foyer live gigs in the past I'll give it a miss, the standard is usually pretty poor,usually the sort of crowd you expect to see in a youth club,why bands are encouraged to gig before they are ready is beyond me,especially in venues like Drummonds that have a good PA and engineer that could be put to better use.

How would they feel if we came to their youth club and ran around shouting before kicking in the walls?,I am getting pretty bored of paying good money to hear amateur pish played badly,why don't bands rehearse to save them the embarrasment of getting slated ?,

I still have recordings of my first few gigs and we played well and were tight as fuck,mind you we did rehearse 5 nights a week and bought decent equipment.[/quote']

somepeople dont care, they just love being on stage.

Foyer live gigs are awesome fun, always busy and usualy you get a good reception.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting pretty bored of paying good money to hear amateur pish played badly' date='[/quote']

Good money? I rekon £2 is hardly going to break your bank. That is beside the point and thank you cloud, Foyerlive is suppose to be a learning experience of debuting bands with the aid of an "experienced" band (such as past performers; Hookers Green #1, Maple, Nero, The Madisons, Onion Terror, 10easy and many more to come ;))

As Mathew pointed out, the fact that Tempest are playing is "ace" just shows that Foyerlive shows can and will be a groovy night.

As for playing in bands at Foyerlive shows, the experience the bands get from the whole thing, is extremely benificial from a musicians point of veiw and from the point of veiw from the guys who run the shows (such as myself and others). Which is one of the many reasons why Drummonds are continously allowing Foyerlive shows to happen there.

If you don't like the shows fair enough, there is no need to rip the piss on such forums. Let people make there own mind up about Foyerlive shows.

That wasnt too bad a night, i got there as the band with the piano guy as the frontman came on. Sure it was a peado's palace but theres no doubt it was a sucess the place was packed.

I am pissed at the door girl who id'ed my ass!! Doesnt the sidies that run the lenth of my face and finally stop at my ass not mean anything!?!?!! She also pwned me £4!

Great night

To be fair Biz' date=' some bands have gone on to better things since playing Foyerlive gigs.

Tears of Grace (they played one, didn't they?) and My Downfall have definitely built on those early days. Some bands haven't, but I guess they were the ones that weren't ready for it.[/quote']

Hookers Green and Onion Terror also played one.

Meh, just noticed the post above. The Foyer also help in getting bands to play outside Aberdeen. I remember The Session + 10 Easy Wishes went up to Shetland - so thats another positive.

no.................

OK, well think of something to say that doesn't make you look a total fuckwit.

For example "I wasn't at the gig, so I don't believe I shall be passing comment on the bands, or asking stupid questions about a gig I didn't make the effort to go to."