aberdeen-music

Another GIG?

Chi 666

woop de doo matey' date=' anyone can book a no brainer line up with two of the biggest crowd pullers and a scene grudge match.

£500 for epilepsey is great, well done. but using the figures to lord it over others = not so great[/quote']

If you are referring to the charity gig I put on then you have got it totally wrong (as always), it was a charity gig for Cerebral Palsey. Im not "Lording it", where did you get that idea from? Why do you feel the need to make up stories? Clutching at straws methinks. Im referring to the charity gig that SOM put on which Element headlined, that is the one that also packed the Tunnels. Before you make another stupid comment based on your usual assumptions, perhaps you should know what you are talking about. Now be a good boy and get the fuck out of this forum because you are nothing but a fucking nuisance.

• Upvote 1

If you are referring to the charity gig I put on then you have got it totally wrong (as always)' date=' it was a charity gig for Cerebral Palsey. Im not "Lording it", where did you get that idea from? Why do you feel the need to make up stories? Clutching at straws methinks. Im referring to the charity gig that SOM put on which Element headlined, that is the one that also packed the Tunnels. Before you make another stupid comment based on your usual assumptions, perhaps you should know what you are talking about. Now be a good boy and get the fuck out of this forum because you are nothing but a fucking nuisance.[/quote']

**OWNED!

bwah hahahahahahaa

you have certainly hit the big time

To be fair, there was probably more people at the Tunnels show that Element headlined than there have been at the last few arkade shows combined :)

Hey Maxi, perhaps you could donate some of Arkade's profits to charity too? :)

To be fair' date=' there was probably more people at the Tunnels show that Element headlined than there have been at the last few arkade shows combined :)

Hey Maxi, perhaps you could donate some of Arkade's profits to charity too? :)[/quote']

Maybe so but Arkades gigs are played by bands actually wanting to make something of themselves and by bands who aspire to play something different and new.

an audience consists of people who go for the music.

what a sad cunt, he has nothign better to do with his day! guffaw! on another note the vid was quite funny

we do ok, we usually hit 80 and up, sticking on bands from all over the globe that people have never heard of (aye not 5 aberdeen bands on one bill i may add). most of the bands really enjoy playing shows with us and are always looking to come back, and are always spreadign the word.

started from 30s up to 80s (or more dependant on show) in 12 months, sufficient enough growth for you cloud? #

how do we manage to get it off the ground? we got some funding last year from the council, allowing us to fork out loads on flyers, afford biggger bands, hiring pas etc (eventually buying) so that we can continue to give bands good deals! it snto DIY and it may be "selling out" but thats what that was there for and i think it has been put to good use.

what have element 106 achieved??

*cough* fuck all *cough*

what a sad cunt' date=' he has nothign better to do with his day! guffaw! on another note the vid was quite funny

we do ok, we usually hit 80 and up, sticking on bands from all over the globe that people have never heard of (aye not 5 aberdeen bands on one bill i may add). most of the bands really enjoy playing shows with us and are always looking to come back, and are always spreadign the word.

started from 30s up to 80s (or more dependant on show) in 12 months, sufficient enough growth for you cloud? #

how do we manage to get it off the ground? we got some funding last year from the council, allowing us to fork out loads on flyers, afford biggger bands, hiring pas etc (eventually buying) so that we can continue to give bands good deals! it snto DIY and it may be "selling out" but thats what that was there for and i think it has been put to good use.

what have element 106 achieved??

*cough* fuck all *cough*[/quote']

What have we achieved? International recognition from major signed bands, advisaries in certain underground music scenes in Norway, interest from a major multinational record company, things we usually like to keep under our hat as its our business, nothing to brag about if nothing comes of it, but the avenues are there. Dont slag the rest of us off just because you dont like it when Hog makes a CUNT of you infront of all these lovely people AS USUAL, it grates on me.

You call Hog sad, who is the Baw Sack that keeps on returning to this forum every five fuckin seconds just to see what Hog has written, so he can write some bollocks back in response that is of no value to man nor dog? Answer - you, ya sad piece of SHITE. Be a nice chap and get the fuck out of our forum if you dont have something nice to say, something productive to say, or lastly some useful constructive criticism!

Fuck sake, if this gig is gonna be about helping out a charity and trying to raise as much money as possible for that given charity then me and Weeping Jesus are happy to help.

If this gig is gonna be a 'im better than you, no im better than you....' thing and be about one person/people trying to get one over on another person/people and being descised(sp) as a charity even then count me, and as far as im concerned Weeping Jesus, out of it.

Arkade are bringing good bands and putting on good gigs in Aberdeen, This is a good thing, FACT.

Both the recent charity event raised good amounts of money for charity, This is a good thing, FACT.

Can we leave it at that?

What have we achieved? International recognition from major signed bands' date=' advisaries in certain underground music scenes in Norway, interest from a major multinational record company[/quote']

where is the evidence?

where are the tours?

why are you still playing shitey line ups every week?

how many demos has this multinational paid for you to record??

where is the evidence?

where are the tours?

why are you still playing shitey line ups every week?

how many demos has this multinational paid for you to record??

Why do you find it so very important for us to tour and release stuff? We dont have time to tour, Im finding it hard enough for us to find time to do a gig in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks and record one new song. I personally work 6-7 days a week, running is business in Aberdeen and Forres is not easy.Our bassist also visits Italy regularly, cant tour the UK if he is there. Apologies if we dont tour like Filthpact but seriously, why does it bother you? If one person is to blame for us not touring then it is me and my work, Im lucky to get to the Moorings once a month.

Jeez, I dont see why I should be answerable to you Maxi. You do your thing, we do ours. Dont see why its any of your business regarding what we do and dont do.

Dont like us? Dont watch us play, dont visit our forum, dont spoil threads about organising a charity gig etc.

Why do you find it so very important for us to tour and release stuff? We dont have time to tour' date=' Im finding it hard enough for us to find time to do a gig in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks and record one new song. I personally work 6-7 days a week, running is business in Aberdeen and Forres is not easy.Our bassist also visits Italy regularly, cant tour the UK if he is there. Apologies if we dont tour like Filthpact but seriously, why does it bother you? If one person is to blame for us not touring then it is me and my work, Im lucky to get to the Moorings once a month.

[/quote']

so your mate was talking shite then aye?