aberdeen-music

Fightstar debut album...

Danny Doubt

From what im hearing review wise and on the radio its pretty good and a great debut album. But I'm already into them and think their fuckin good. Waste a moment is released on Monday but the acoustic version in my opinion is fuckin ace!

Just have to wait and hear the album myself.

anyone else into them??

Danny.

• Upvote 1

i dont think they're that great to be honest. better bands out there

also i dont want to support them because of charlies past. if you want to jump on the money band wagon and destroy any sort of self respect you have (IN MY EYES i should say!) then feel free. everything he did in the past i didnt agree with. and as such i dont feel that i should support him now he's doing something he thinks he should have been doing all along.

HE IS IN IT FOR MONEY!!! why else would he have been in busted. ive heard the argument that he was only a kid when he joined but that doesnt wash with me.

he wants to forget about busted but it is the sole reason he has record contract right now. it is the sole reason that he got a massive tour bus on fightstars FIRST tour. where did all the fightstar fans come from? where was the effort from the band? when did they play the toilet circuit to build a fan base and hone their skills?

maybe im wrong. maybe hes a great person. i dont think he deserves what hes got. that simple. he was a joke in my eyes the first time i saw them on saturday morning tv.

just saying.8)

They just dont have anything special about them...they are a mediocre band.

Also when I went to go see them at the lemon tree I waited behind(for some reason I still do not know why) in the freezing cold with some of my mates and 12 year old neds. Any way stood for about half an hour only to be covered in food thrown by the fat drummer and there guitarist.

Sorry that just pissed me off.:swearing:

I shall listen to the new cd when my mate buys it and if its any good I might buy it.

Dont think Charlies past really matters (to me anyway), as they have probaly gained more fans from touring and lost all the 12 yearolds.

if u actually look into it they have been going for longer than u think even when charlie was in busted he was rehearsing with fighstar. And if u were offered some money ur telling me u would turn it down?? gd luck eating and living then!

i like this band i think their songs are gd and they have strong melodies and gd songwriting ideas. They were playing most of the toilets in London if u have a wee look seeing as thats where they were based and they didnt do any mass promotion most of their 1st material was spread by word of mouth.

And if u have any idea how royalties work u will know he probably has a wee tad bit of money form the busted stuff but the tourbus and everything will be paid back by the band to the record label from the money the recoup through sales, how do u expect bands to survive without any money??

Danny.

thats fair. i just think that values are important. fightstar are a good example of a band who have made no effort, THOUGH, they are touring now. they will have no longevity because their fanbase came out of nowhere really, fans of a past band and fans of the 'cool' new band. they will last maybe a few more albums. the label wants them to sell like busted but there is no market for them. maybe charlie could pay for the albums after that tho. ;)

fair enough it might be a good album, kerrang and the like will love it, but i will walk past it everytime and get some new 7"s instead. 8)

In true Lou & Andy style I must say...Ah don't like em...I prefer Tony Hadley.

To avoid any doubt I don't mean the latter part of that statement.

If I'm completely honest I think their lead singer being a former member of busted does detract from any credibility they will ever acheive.

That aside though I still don't think they're any good...their music in my mind is boring, clichd and monotonous.

Grunge Karaoke for teeny boppers.

It's a hard one to call I'd say. I'd like to think I'd say "get to fuck" if someone offered me to play Busted esque shite, but at the same time, would you really turn away? Enough of it to financially secure yourself for life? I think a diguise might be a good idea though - so when I was all finished being a bustedeer, I could actually forge my desired musical career without the bullshit.

i like fightstar aswell. . .i agree their fame come from busted. But i dont care. Bands like busted and mcfly etc are cool with me. it gets more people to want to learn proper instuments. instead of the dance shite alot of the majority listen to.

But fightstar have a much stronger vocal style. . (my opinion) and a good sound in general.

i think i'll probs buy the album :) :)

i dont care. Bands like busted and mcfly etc are cool with me. it gets more people to want to learn proper instuments. instead of the dance shite alot of the majority listen to.

it gives young people a false impression about bands though i.e. sit back and play bland tunes and look good and you'll get everything you want. society in general has this problem as it is. i dont want my music like that. they're music is harmless, that much is true. i prefer some kind of effort to have been put into the music i listen to. its not too much to ask for for a band to put some real effort and passion into a song, not sell out and sing about thunderbirds. i know this isnt a perfect world and money is king, but i like a bit of heart in a song, maybe thats why i like hardcore.:gringo:

as dance music goes i do find alot of it shite but in the end a good dance tune is not unlike a pumping hardcore anthem, its all about a good rhythem(sp?) and beat. we can all enjoy a cracking dance tune now and again.:up:

it gives young people a false impression about bands though i.e. sit back and play bland tunes and look good and you'll get everything you want. society in general has this problem as it is. i dont want my music like that. they're music is harmless' date=' that much is true. i prefer some kind of effort to have been put into the music i listen to. its not too much to ask for for a band to put some real effort and passion into a song, not sell out and sing about thunderbirds. i know this isnt a perfect world and money is king, but i like a bit of heart in a song, maybe thats why i like hardcore.:gringo:

as dance music goes i do find alot of it shite but in the end a good dance tune is not unlike a pumping hardcore anthem, its all about a good rhythem(sp?) and beat. we can all enjoy a cracking dance tune now and again.:up:[/quote']

aye that does make sense i suppose. but like even the false impression. . it generally would get them into other music. . well i guess it would.

i was meaning like dance versions of "classic" songs....eg sweet child of mine. . .(not a fan personally) but that was a good song . . now its been transformed into a trancey thing.

but i guess you're right in what ya think :)

It's a hard one to call I'd say. I'd like to think I'd say "get to fuck" if someone offered me to play Busted esque shite' date=' but at the same time, would you really turn away? Enough of it to financially secure yourself for life? I think a diguise might be a good idea though - so when I was all finished being a bustedeer, I could actually forge my desired musical career without the bullshit.[/quote']

cue for all the "real" musicions to pop up and say "god no i wouldnt i have morals".............twats.

(different member incase anyone accuses for contradiction) I think fightstar are really good, if you listen to earlier stuff compared to new stuff you can hear song writing devloping in a more sophisticated way just like most bands and their songs are fairly busy which I quite like in music. They've got a pretty good drummer as well , doesn't do anything insane but quite interesting at times. I think the whole charlie thing isn't really a big deal, if anything I think he deserves a bit of credit for sticking it out after all the abuse he got from everyone after he quit busted but in fairness he can't have expected much else. I also seem to remember reading somewhere that he turned down a big tour bus and big venues 'cos he said they didin't deserve it 'cos they were a new band and should have to earn it like other bands or something like that, not to be quoted, but i think that was the jist, so fair do's to them.

• 2 weeks later...