aberdeen-music

Katie Melua

Lemonade

The tix were 27.50 + 2.75 booking fee, fucking pricey like. I don't really understand bookinhg fees, why don't they just add them to the price of the ticket? Ya know, I booked them both together, so why don't I only pay one booking fee?

Camie, we are in the third row so I will get a decent look, plus I met her today and she is soooooooooooooooooo stunning. But very small!

Guest DustyDeviada
Fucking farce. 30 for a nobody. A very boring nobody at that.

Whilst not wishing to defend Katie Melua (I'm not going tonight and do not own any of records, but yes, I would, obviously) I don't think you could really call her a nobody.

Read somewhere recently that she was the biggest selling female artist in the UK last year with 1M plus sales, ahead of Mariah Carey and Madonna, so hardly a nobody.

Crap yes, but a nobody no.

Guest DustyDeviada

That "Crazy" song was everywhere a couple of years ago, I think it was used on an advert for carpets or something as well.

The thing I really hate about Melua is the fact that ex-Womble Mike Batt takes all the credit for discovering her and is always going on about it.

she was worse than Oasis

and that is saying something,the covers she did were excruciatingly poop but the tour posters were the real hoot...they featured a picture of her which was almost life sized,it is true,she is vertically challenged,any of you leery guys down the front wheek oot yer camera phone for a sneaky under the piano shot? I bet ye did,ye durrty wee pervs.

Mike Batt was there,remember .... he's a womble, but looks like Van Morrison.

Nae kidding

There seems to be a lot of money being made in namby pamby music,at least I got in free,but it's small consolation for mising a decent gig at The East Neuk,Drummonds Tunnels,at least The Clashed are on tonight at The Lemon Tree... Nae namby pamby shite GUARANTEED

Guest pop-notmyface
Is anyone going to see her tomorrow night at AECC? I can say only this' date=' at 30.25 a ticket, she better be fucking good.

I only know one of her songs, my mate wanted to go, I'm only going really because I fancy her.[/quote']

value for money is totally out of the equation here. but it's relative i guess.

i could probably see my favourite band for 2 quid. (or at least did at one point)

I really really enjoyed Katie Melua last night, I didn't think I would but from the first note she had me totally captivated, she has a really amazing voice.

The only low point was a totally bewildering cover of Spaceman by Babylon Zoo (seriously), if the womble man told her THAT was a good idea she should sack him as her tour manager.

All in all though, a totally top drawer gig and well worth the 30.25.

any of you leery guys down the front wheek oot yer camera phone for a sneaky under the piano shot? I bet ye did' date='ye durrty wee pervs.

Mike Batt was there,remember .... he's a womble, but looks like Van Morrison.[/quote']

Biz if you'd bothered to actually watch the show, you may have noticed that she didn't actually play piano in any of the songs.

I really really enjoyed Katie Melua last night' date=' I didn't think I would but from the first note she had me totally captivated, she has a really amazing voice.

The only low point was a totally bewildering cover of Spaceman by Babylon Zoo (seriously), if the womble man told her THAT was a good idea she should sack him as her tour manager.

All in all though, a totally top drawer gig and well worth the 30.25.[/quote']

He's a bit more than her tour manager!!!o_O